Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Advance Collection  (Read 20172 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2021, 12:44:44 AM »
+2
I honestly forgot how hard Dracula X could be.

XX isn’t for the faint-hearted… One more X and they couldn’t have sold it to minors  8)

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2021, 03:24:19 PM »
I had forgotten how stiff the controls for Circle of the moon are and especially how anoying is that magician mode.......man, i had to speed run it and it was hell!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2021, 09:59:07 AM »
Warrior mode was definitely the easier of the replay options. I think the arena segment of the castle was where all modes suffered the most. But to get the best armor pickup... *sigh* dammit. Gotta torture ones' self for it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2021, 02:38:34 PM »
Warrior mode was definitely the easier of the replay options. I think the arena segment of the castle was where all modes suffered the most. But to get the best armor pickup... *sigh* dammit. Gotta torture ones' self for it.

Yes fighter mode is the best, but the best armor isn't the one at the arena, but another one from an enemy, the spiked armor if i remember correct.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2021, 06:19:42 PM »
grinding made easy with rewind.  i guess i might use it if i wanted to get a card or souls collection trophy.  i did them once before, no sense in doing it again.

https://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-circle-of-the-moon-rewind-card-grind-advance-collection/

Hell yes. I used it to get my Black Dog and Unicorn cards this time. I beat it legit years ago, so I skipped the tedium this time.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2021, 10:18:09 PM »
Yes fighter mode is the best, but the best armor isn't the one at the arena, but another one from an enemy, the spiked armor if i remember correct.

I'll have to look into this as I don't remember either. I do know that the best set of arms equipment can be found on those Devil Armor guys you fight in the final area of the castle (it's either them or the Dark Armor). Get two and you're good-to-go!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:27:00 PM by X »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2021, 11:58:52 PM »
The double grips? Those are the best for an overall stat boost. I think they're only outdone in terms of pure strength by having 2 strength rings, but that was less practical, it seemed like.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »
Yeah, the Double grips are where its at. And in fact they are dropped by the Dark Armor. Here's the stats on them: (if 1 equipped: none) (if 2 equipped: STR +75, DEF +75, INT +75, LCK +75)

As for the strength ring:    STR +50, DEF -10, INT -10

There's absolutely no way I'll ever forgo the double grips. No way in hell.

Dark Nemesis@

I just checked the stats for both the Shining armor and Needle armor. Here they are;

Needle Armor    St+010   Def+400   Int. N/A   Luck. N/A.

Shinning Armor   St+010   Def+500   Int+010   Luck+010

As I thought the shining armor is the best in the game. So it's worth it to go through the arena even though it is a pain in the @$$!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 06:45:26 AM »
Aria of Sorrow remains my favorite out of all the three.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »
+1
Harmony is just as I remember: easy but fun and Aria is still the best of the bunch and super addictive.  I have to dig out my 3DS now, it made me want to play Sorrow again, lmao.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2021, 12:33:26 AM »
So we can safely sure the core content of the roms (aside from the removal of original 4-button soft reset and original button config menu in the games) are completely unchanged from original roms. The extracted roms from the collection can even accept gameshark codes capable to apply on original roms upon fixed the audio of ver. collection rom! ...Or so it seems.
Circle of the Moon has its own quirks against vba emulator, audio fixed ver. collection rom of Circle won't work well unless changed to other emulators than vba. (vba happened to hit some undocumented anti-piracy triggers I suppose? Some source says the freeze glitches when using summon super move are due to anti-piracy.)
I don't get it why it's called advance collection given things are actually less comfortable than in original thanks to the removal of original soft reset. To push the collection's own reset function it effectively screwed up a portion of my muscle memory.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:24:39 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2021, 06:57:06 AM »
How much are they charging for these 3 ROMs they got from romworld.com ?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »
Man, I didn't remember how rough Dracula X was. I played through it exactly once, probably 20 years ago, and I remember it feeling...off back then, too (I had only heard about Rondo once in Gamepro before then, and didn't really know what it was, so I didn't have it to compare Dracula X to back then). I played through it today for shits and giggles, and egggh, I didn't really like it that much.

CotM was always my favorite of the GBA games, but now I think it's Aria. I mean, I still don't like the story, but damn, that's a fun game to play, and a great castle to explore. Both CotM and Aria were really solid.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2021, 10:39:12 AM »
I booted up Dracula X and goddamn it was hard! I'd forgotten how I used to play the game, it's been years. I was cussing with anger and frustration. In some cases Rondo was easier to deal with, but Maria isn't playable in Dracula X  :P

Offline nokundhi

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2021, 02:40:31 PM »
I like how they came out with this right after I finish replaying the GBA titles for the first time in like 8 years.  ;D Although from the looks of it it doesn't work well on linux anyway while retroarch works fine.

Tags:

anything