Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Off Topic / Dracula: Unborn
« Last post by X on Yesterday at 10:28:16 AM »
Dracula: Unborn by Peter Tremayne

I recently got a hold of this book and just finished it a day or so ago. I felt it was an interesting read and it does go into some details of how vampires come to be, the methods of slaying them, as well as the history of Vlad III's family; where they came from and how his powers of vampirism come from ceremonies dating far into the distant past, predating the Christian faith, yet are branded taboo by said authorities. The novel was released back in 1977 and is treated as a memoir as written by Vlad's third son Mircea, and is documented by Abraham Van Helsing with several cliff notes in the book that gives some more info on specifics. I did get a bit of the ole' castlevania vibe from this one and it is an unofficial prequel to Bram Stoker's original novel. I felt it was a better read then Dracula: the Undead by Dacre Stoker as it retains the traditional vampire rather then establishing some of the Hollywood tropes (like death by sunlight). If you ever find it give it a read if you haven't already.
Fan Stuff / Re: Carpathian Night - Some Legends Refuse to Die!
« Last post by X on May 26, 2022, 05:32:03 PM »
(click to show/hide)

;D
Fan Stuff / Re: Carpathian Night - Some Legends Refuse to Die!
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on May 26, 2022, 11:15:02 AM »
(click to show/hide)
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: The N64 Games..lost to time?
« Last post by Reinhart77 on May 26, 2022, 07:29:57 AM »
My dream 3D Collection would include the 2 N64 games, 2 PS2 games, The Arcade, and a playable demo of Resurrection.  Lords of Shadows shouldn’t be bundled with anything other than other Lords of Shadows games.  I suppose they could throw in Judgment if they wanted.  Actually a more tight Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness, and Judgment would make a decent collection as long as they don’t just skip rereleasing the N64 games altogether.  Maybe those could be bundled with the Resurrection demo.
« Last post by LuxKiller65 on May 24, 2022, 05:55:20 AM »
Porting the N64 games will require a little bit of "effort". Imagine, something a bit harder than emulating your old 2d games on an overpriced PS4/Switch compilation or mini console. And like others have said, most people have already decided these games suck, and that SotN is the besto game, coz interweb says so.
« Last post by X on May 23, 2022, 09:57:37 PM »
It's unfortunate that Konami isn't more invested in CV then we are. I have doubts that they'll touch these two titles, in favor of porting the other two 3D igavanias instead. CV Legends should have been released with the CV classic collection instead of Kid Dracula, no question. I feel that the two CV 64 titles could work out well if given "proper" treatment and then released on newer consoles. I think what I would love to see would be a lost chronicles collection of CV games. The two CV 64 titles as well as a fully reconstructed CV Resurrection. However it won't happen as it's just wishful thinking on my part  :-\
« Last post by PFG9000 on May 23, 2022, 09:07:20 PM »
I doubt Konami will ever touch them again.  N64 games don't emulate particularly well, and Konami doesn't like to put effort into anything these days.  And those games have a (undeservedly) terrible reputation, even among part of the Castlevania fanbase.
General Castlevania Discussion / The N64 Games..lost to time?
« Last post by Dongled on May 23, 2022, 07:59:52 PM »
I've been thinking a bit about the two N64 games: Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness. Specifically about the games being ported. Konami has proven that they're ok with rereleasing side story or non-Iga canon games like Kid Dracula and Circle of the Moon...but what about the N64 games?
Do we think Konami will ever rerelease these properly in a sort of collection? (Maybe bundled with Castlevania Legends since they skipped that one on the Anniversary Collection.) Or are these games meant to be relegated to the system they came out on forever? Just curious on everyone's thoughts on this.
The game was amazing, I loved every bit of it. I was surprised at the plot twist, I would not say it was an obvious one. There were various options/characters that could have been used. Also, if you had played the game, you could have used Trevor to defeat end boss. That is exactly what I did because it seemed appropiate for the story.
I am so happy this game got to finish the story, it is the first real CV game after Ecclesia, and has so much variety and fan service. Just beautiful. I hope there will be more CV games in the future. I am sure it was good that the netflix show revived the franchise, and sparked interest in the games.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Needy Girl Overdose
« Last post by X on May 21, 2022, 11:50:22 PM »
If the Switsh can play the complete edition of the Witcher III with only a small drop in frame rate, then it might be reasonable to assume it could do-so with this title as well. I don't know how big Needy Girl Overdose is but I'd say it's possible. Sure, bugs are another issue, however they might clear some of them up. Just have to wait and see I suppose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
anything