Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?  (Read 52429 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
I think that's not the Arcade Castlevania crisis is talking about. It's this one.

OMG I played that when I was on holiday in the 2016 I though no one would have ever played that.
I thought id never get the chance to play it. sadly it was only the once but man it was sooo fun, and poves that FPS

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:16:48 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2019, 11:45:51 PM »
Oo, only 3 more days until the arcade classics comes out.  At the very least, we’ll get some ideas of what features might be in the CV classics set.  I also wonder what kind of never-before-seen art and stuff we might see for Haunted Castle.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:48:54 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2019, 12:56:03 AM »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2019, 05:29:28 AM »
Castlevania Collection launches May 16th and final list is:
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania The Adventure
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Kid Dracula

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1118847366877126656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1118847366877126656&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nintendolife.com%2Fforums%2Fother_gaming%2Fthe_playstation_4_fan_thread%3Fstart%3D11760

I am disappointed by Kid Dracula! I hate parody games.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:37:28 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:16 AM »
Meh, could live without The Adventure and Kid Dracula...  Even though it is cool that they appear to be doing the NES version of Kid Dracula.  Would much rather have had Dracula X or Chronicles.  But I guess those are pretty readily available elsewhere.  And of course, the pipe dream of one of the N64 games.  But I do luckily have LoD and a working N64.  :D
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2019, 07:12:28 AM »
I haven't played Bloodlines or Belmont's Revenge. I don't really care about Kid Dracula though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2019, 09:21:50 AM »
I'm not sure why Kid Dracula would be a part of the collection since it is a parody game. They could have snuck in the SNES Dracula X instead. The rest of the collection seems cool and it'll give people new to the series a chance to play the games that started it all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »
Here's the Haunted Castle concept art.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
I.....am disappointed in this line up. I was REALLY hoping for Rebirth, Chronicles, and at least Rondo.

I might pass on this, I was really looking forward to this... Adventure GB? Really?

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »
I am also disappointed, I wanted at least Rondo of blood here..

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
Ha, so after all that speculation about what types of games they’d put in this collection, they really just did it by release date.  If that’s the case though, then we’re sorely missing Vampire Killer, Chronicles, and Rondo of Blood.  Maybe they’ll release a Home Computer collection and include all three of these games in it, just like Haunted Castle got put in an Arcade Collection?  Or maybe they’re just too much of a pain to emulate ha.

It’s too bad we got boss work for all the Haunted Castle bosses except for Medusa!  Maybe someone spilled coffee over her original artwork?  :(

Too bad about only no international release, but at least you can adjust the difficulty level on Haunted Castle.  I wonder if one of the level/difficulty options adjusts how high the bats fly up and down?  I’ll have to experiment ha.  Also too bad there only seems to be one save slot. Better than none though.

Oh no, another thing that’s missing in the wii u version is the ability to turn it in portrait mode.  Castlevania games don’t care, but it makes playing the shooters a lot less fun on the switch screen.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:13:03 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
Adventure, yikes.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2019, 02:02:29 AM »
I have no comment about the full list.

For Rondo of Blood I believe why they didn't count it as an entry is because there was a ps4 cheap collection ripped from Dracula X Chronicles - RoB & SotN.

"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
Yeah, there is no way they would put Rondo or SoTN on another collection right now.  That would completely nullify any use for Requiem.  I am disappointed, but to be honest 1-4, Bloodlines, and Belmont's revenge covers most of the gold standard Classicvanias I will buy it regardless, to show Konami castlevania can still make them money...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2019, 04:57:51 AM »
I noticed that one of the sample pages from the bonus book has a round table discussion with Yamane and the new producer of the series (the name doesn't appear on that page, though) This person apparently also oversees the Netflix series. I wonder who it could be?

Also interesting to see how they take active steps to not mention IGA by name.

Tags:

anything