Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274286 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #525 on: May 11, 2014, 10:06:28 PM »
+1
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and let you know that the game is still rolling very strong!  I just finished up Grant's first section of his prologue stage  ;D As it is now, Sypha and Alucard's Prologue stages are completely done and ready to rock!  I have a very cool idea for how i want Grant's stage to play out.  Here's the skinny so far, without giving too much away of course  :P  He will start off in the graveyard, just beyond the main village.  I feel its important to start here because in the original he talks about Dracula killing his parents, so it only makes sense that he starts off in the village that is attack by Drac's baddies, but also i feel this is a good starting point because there is a massive gray area in the original that separates the village from the clocktower, so i plan on incorporating that into his stage.  It will then lead off to a mountain range (possibly) and you will be forced to use his acrobatics to their fullest extent.  You will then be at a bridge that, lets just say a direct approach will lead to his death, so you have to take a different approach (think metal gear solid, again, not wanting to give away TOO much  ;) ) and then this will eventually lead to the clocktower, but the entrance is sealed, so the only place left to go...is up, on the outside of the tower  8) Kaonstantine hooked me up with Grant's crouching and stand animations, this only leaves his stair descending animations, his pain and death animations and also his idle and special attack animations.  Sounds like a good bit but Kaonstantine is a master of cranking out quality stuff very quickly so im sure he'll have something ready for me very soon  ;D All that is left after that is to add Grant to all the other sections of the game, fine tune a few piddly things and the game will be completely ready for beta testing!  Im SOOOOOO pumped for you guys to jump on this game!  Im back to having the having a blast playing it stage of creating it haha, so im sure you guys will have a real treat on your hands when its done.  I'll make sure to keep you all posted on the progress, as well as when the game has gone out for testing  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #526 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »
For Christ sakes BMC_Warmachine don't make me salivate *droooooooool*

..too late..
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #527 on: May 12, 2014, 03:39:37 AM »
Hahahahahaha my bad dude!  ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse Grant's Prologue Preview
« Reply #528 on: May 17, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
+1

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: May 17, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »
That's pretty sweet.    Grant could use a couple transition frames for when he rounds a corner while climbing.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #530 on: May 17, 2014, 06:19:11 PM »
Grant's color palette doesn't quite match the CV style. The colors look a bit too soft and faded, I think.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2014, 10:55:09 PM »
While I agree with Grant's palette and the lack of transition for climbing over corners, I think the most noticeable detail is the 3D clocktower in the background. It looks impressive but it seems to be moving on it's own even before you do. Getting that nailed down would do the stage some good.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
While I agree with Grant's palette and the lack of transition for climbing over corners, I think the most noticeable detail is the 3D clocktower in the background. It looks impressive but it seems to be moving on it's own even before you do. Getting that nailed down would do the stage some good.

I noticed that too X. That's an easy fix!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #533 on: May 18, 2014, 03:23:53 PM »
Grant does look really good, but it seems that he's shuffling. Everyday. He's shuffling. All day. Everyday.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »
+1
Hey guys thanks for the input as always ;D for the background, I hadnt noticed that until I was making the video lmao, as darkman mentioned that should be a very easy fix. As for grants transitions on wall climbing, I think I can modify his crouch and make that work with switching from wall to wall. Im at least going to try lol. Anything that could take some extra work off of kaonstantine  ;D Grants proluge is nearly complete. Im at the last frame now. When its wrapped up, ill be going back and throwing all t he enemies in there. Once this is done, im going to recap all the prologue stages, then if they are ready (whcih there should be very little to no issues to fix) then ill be putting Grant in all his repescted levels and the game will be complete!! 8)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #535 on: May 19, 2014, 02:49:15 AM »
Working in a "vertical to horizontal" wall transition. It looks pretty nice in my opinion. Probably it will be completed tomorrow.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #536 on: May 22, 2014, 01:34:22 AM »
+1
Update time  ;D all issues brought up from Grants vid have been fixed, his prologue stage is completely done and kaonstantine just hooked me up earlier with his death animation just leaving a few more before Grant is complete. In the meantime ill be adding some new effects to the lighting and weather that ive put off just for this occasion lol and then ill be working on adding some more dialogue as well as an intro to the prologue stages.  Only very minor stuff left fellas!  ;D Damn its getting soooooo close guys, you are ALL definitely in for a treat VERY soon!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:36:26 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:24 AM »
+1
Man are you guys in for a treat!! :D grant is completely done with the exception of his idle animation so I started dropping him in the levels. All character encounters and dialogue is complete. I also came up with a really cool stage transition as well that im sure you guys will dig  ;) I had a scare there for a minute lol, syphas flame spell system was causing my game to crash but I was able to refine it and i also updated her ice spell. It turns into 5 spikes that raise but so far then slam down. So, if someone decides to take my idea for this spell you KNOW where you heard it first lmfao  :rollseyes: all in all, progress has been unbelievable and yep, im gonna say it, in a few short weeks this baby will be ready for beta testing!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2014, 04:15:30 AM »
Grant's color palette doesn't quite match the CV style. The colors look a bit too soft and faded, I think.
same, other than that, hand movements don't quite match up with the knife throwing.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »
Oh man, oh man. I keep checking for updates hoping for a release lol. Can't wait. I wanna say take all the time you need Warmachine, but I can't lol...

Tags:

anything