Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Gundam Thread  (Read 3930 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:48:47 PM »
Any other gundam fans here? I love everything but Wing and Seed. Just curious if other fans come here too. 
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »
I love Gundam! I really only like the series in the Universal Century though: 0079, 08th MS Team, 0080:War in the Pocket, 0083: Stardust Memory, Zeta, Char's Counter Attack.
F91 isn't too bad and I haven't seen Victory but ZZ completely sucked.

I also like Wing and what I've seen of Turn A, but I'm not really into Seed

The MS-18 Kampfer is the greatest suit ever!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »
I love Gundam! I really only like the series in the Universal Century though: 0079, 08th MS Team, 0080:War in the Pocket, 0083: Stardust Memory, Zeta, Char's Counter Attack.
F91 isn't too bad and I haven't seen Victory but ZZ completely sucked.

I also like Wing and what I've seen of Turn A, but I'm not really into Seed

The MS-18 Kampfer is the greatest suit ever!

I'm the same way, didn't like ZZ either I'm hoping Tomino remakes it into 3 films or something like he did with Z. Don't really care for Seed either. Yeah Turn A is awesome I've only seen like 5 eps but it's great, I'm in the process of trying to track somemore down. F91 was okay but the plot could have been fleshed out more. Wing is so-so for me, it basically is just a retelling of the one year war with 5 gundams instead of one. I love the Kampfer too, my fav. would prob. be the Zeta cuz it has that giant gun and can transform. (which is freakin' sweet)

^ hey bro you hear about the new release Zeta Gundam's getting? They fixed the dubtitles and have the actual translation of the japanese vocals in it. It's freakin' sweet the series is being released in 2 boxsets priced at a nice 29.99! The only thing that sucks is that they still couldn't get the original pieces for the opening and closing. But I have found ways to fix that with my good ole video editor.  8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:51:27 PM by The Last Belmont »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
One of my favorite things to see in Gundam is every time they show a wI love the idea of a colony drop, as horrible as it is.

Also, ever play "Rise from the Ashes" for DC? I love that game...probably the only good Gundam game.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 12:45:33 AM »
Quote from: profbeanburrito link=topic=902.msg15117#msg15117
Also, ever play "Rise from the Ashes" for DC? I love that game...probably the only good Gundam game.
[quote

I need to cuz I would love to play a gundam game that actually has good controls and feels like the shows. When you say DC you mean sega Dreamcast right?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Yup, I'm a Gundam fanboy. 0079, Zeta, and V Gundam are my favorites. Oh! Can't forget about 0080 either. I'm currently in the midst of watching Turn A, well, until I finish watching my Robotech DVDs.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:00:19 AM »
I've only seen wing to be hoenst, I liked it if I recall correctly. But what about the new anime that's made partially by the team of gundam  ;D? Code Geass, it features basicly all genres in one series (in a good way) and combines it with strategic mecha action.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »
In Reply To #7

I don't like code geass very much. The character designs really turn me off...everyone's too skinny n_n

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
In Reply To #8

I guess it's a matter of taste, I though the characters were weird too in the beginning but after I while I got used to it and eventually started to like the style.

Tags: