Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Israel is 60  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: May 09, 2008, 06:17:16 AM »
On Thursday, it was Israel's independence day.
The whole country was loaded with concerts and celebrations, many ceremonies were held around the country, and the citizens had a jolly holiday.

All my friends were given a holiday from their service, sent home from Tuesday to Saturday, visited our school at IDF's fallen soldiers' memorial day, a day before the independence day.
Your good fellow Freddy, at that time, was out in the field, guarding his company's tanks like the little bitch he is.
And ohhhh yeah, me and my tank team sure guarded well three days in the damn heat of the desert, with annoying sand-storms every hour.
And still, there was some pride in what my team and another team were doing, our duty as soldiers. Little did I realize that, before one of my friend hanged Israel's flag on the antenna of our communication device.

Imagine that, standing guard on top of a hill wathing over a road to Eilat (Israel's main touristic city) with a vest on and an m-16 hanging on your neck, all covered with sand and smelly from diesel fuel (we had to take care of the tanks before guarding), holding the comm's reciever with one hand, and Israel's flag waving above your head. And all those civilian vehicles watching you and the tanks behind you, imagine what they feel while beeping and waving to you.

They feel that someone is watching over them.
The Israeli society always had great respect to their army. To their government- never. Israelis have always been extremely critical about their leaders. No Prime Minister could ever be good for the Israeli society. Especially not the current one. But the army is rarely criticized, not only because it has no will of its own and must follow the orders of the government, but mostly because Israel has obligation military service, and the army is something (almost) everyone had to go through. When Israel failed its mission in the war of Summer 2006, everybody blamed the leaders. The government fucked up. The government must go. The Prime Minister was called to resign in numerous demonstrations, many times. And what happened in the end? The government hasn't been changed much (unfortunately), while the army has undergone many changes and switches. The Chief of Staff was replaced, nothing in the army remained the same way it was before the war. It has been turned upside down to fix, whatever it was, that caused it to fuck up in an unneeded war.
So this independence day I'm a soldier, and I see everything from a different view. Do not forget your soldiers on your independence day, people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:20:18 AM by Private Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
No comments? WTF.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
That's pretty badass. Most of us sit on our asses playing cv & variations of cv, meanwhile there's real shit going on in the world. Are you aloud to take any videos?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Sweet, that sounds like uber fun happy birthday !
_______________________________________ ______________

Juno106

Re: Israel is 60
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
No comments? WTF.

What the fuck is there to say?? 

60 years of oppression for the Palestinian people???!!

Nintega

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
Yawn...

So what if this happened? There will always be conflict in this rotten piece of land.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »
Uhh congratulations? Israels always in the news with the whole Palestinian ordeal, that's about the only news about Israel I ever hear. :(

Also hello Nintega, I seem to know you from Youtube?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:44:25 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
What the fuck is there to say?? 

60 years of oppression for the Palestinian people???!!
In before flamewar.
But yeah, Freddy, your message is well recieved; I'll never forget the service that my country's armed forces perform for my country.  While I don't agree with how some of the tasks my leaders decide to have these soldiers perform, I never have any other feelings for those who fight for my country than compassion and gratitude.  They put their lives on the line in the name of my nation; I'll give my respect to any person that does so.  Best of wishes to you and your fellow soldiers, as well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:42:32 PM by Polaris-Slain (aka Slayer) »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
In Reply To #1

I didn't even know you were in the army there. When did that happen?

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 06:12:45 AM »
In Reply To #10

In Israel, every citizen is required to become a soldier for two years at a certain age.  It's his time now.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
No comments? WTF.

Some of us aren't as pro-Israel as yourself.  (Just stating a fact, not trying to insult you or start an argument.)  Obviously it's your own country and I wouldn't expect you to stand against it.  But when you make topic after topic about Israeli politics and your army experiences, and Israel's very existence is a point of contention for the rest of the world, you can't expect every topic you create to be greeted with open arms here.

I could talk constantly about my experiences as a cop, but I try to remind myself that this is a forum for video gamers.  Most people here probably don't care.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
Some of us aren't as pro-Israel as yourself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:25:49 AM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »
In Reply To #13

I never indicated he wasn't welcome to post here; of course he is.  I'm just explaining why there isn't a huge celebration every time he brings up politics of a country where almost no members here live.  In answer to his question, you see.

Tags: