Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274037 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2013, 05:22:21 AM »
WarMachine asked me to create Grant sprites.Here is just an static standing pose...  What do you think, guys?
Dude! you are my friggin hero! haha. i think it looks great man! :)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
WarMachine asked me to create Grant sprites.Here is just an static standing pose...  What do you think, guys?

That looks nice so far! Now all it needs is some animations to make the whole thing look even better.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
I made a custom Nasty Grant for Warmachine, you should use it as reference to match the colors up..

Feel free to add more animation to it if you wish. I basically just captured the poses from the NES version. It probably would look even better with more animations to it...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »
Ok guys, ive got the updated demo ready for you :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/co47f9qmggs6wqg/Castlevania%20Chronicles%20-%20Dracula%27s%20Curse%20Official%20Demo.exe

i was wanting to hold off a bit so more people could beta test it but with holidays not many have been able to, but those that have had zero issues with it :)

Controls:

A - evade
S - jump
D - attack
F - subweapon
E - special
R - item crash
P - pause

Arrow Keys for movement

press esc any time to close the game.

I hope you guys enjoy it! ive been working on adding the new code to the other stages and ive just about got Alucards cave finished. All thats left is to fully code kaonstantines sypha when shes complete and start working on his Grant when he's ready.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
I made a custom Nasty Grant for Warmachine, you should use it as reference to match the colors up..

Feel free to add more animation to it if you wish. I basically just captured the poses from the NES version. It probably would look even better with more animations to it...

Thank you, darkmanx, those sprites will help since i didn't like the colors in my grant sprite

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
Bug report time.
1. When you whip and hold the button, and press another direction before the whip comes out, Trevor will change his whipping direction.
2. If you die, you respawn with the same number of hearts you had before you died. Pretty sure the classicvania games reset your heart count to a predetermined amount.
3. The Axe Crash seems to not deal any damage to the boss. Might it be caused by subweapons being nullified when they hit an obstacle?
4. Trevor's special is able to damage the enemy during the charge-up period.
5. I tried to do the usual "posing by whipping" when catching the orb, mistimed it, and...well, see attachment.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2013, 08:55:34 AM »
thanks for the input vlad, i can always count on you to find the flaws haha. good thing they are all quick fixes this time round! as for the axe/boss i may have missed the item crash coding, another quick fix.  have you been able to play the entire demo yet?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
Not quite yet, but I do plan to play more tomorrow.
Awesome remixes, by the way.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
Awesome, and thanks dude!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
i want everyone in on this one; im adding 2 extra tracks for the courtyard and cliffside entrance instead of using aquarius and the.ghost ship again. ive already got 1, what do you guys think about sinking old sanctuary?

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2013, 11:58:48 AM »
Sinking old sanctuary is one of my favs I have to admit.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
its one of mine as well and seems to fit the courtyard great! not to mention with my new orchestra setup and my metal flavor it should be dripping of epic lol

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »
So I got a game over at the clock tower stage, pressed enter at the continue screen, and...again, see attachment.
Also, this is more of a complaint than anything, but jumping feels a little too heavy, it's too easy to fail jumps. This is especially noticeable in the clock tower stage, where you have to make quite a few jumps.
By the way, the bats in the cathedral segment of the first stage don't hurt you.

EDIT: lol I can't believe I forgot the attachment.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:55:21 PM by VladCT »
^^

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:16 PM »

(click to show/hide)

Wow. These sprites are really nice. Good job. :D
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »
Wow. These sprites are really nice. Good job. :D

Thank you, I try! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: