Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821404 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
I was talking about the name dropping, the gameplay is everything, but Castlevania. The sceneries were a lot good, though.

I'm going to politely disagree, and leave it at that.

I'd like to point out, I wasn't trying to turn this into an IGA/Cox war. I loved IGA's earlier games, up until about AoS, and I have plenty of things I would like to see improved about LoS. Both IGA and Enrique have shown they have positives and negatives, and I'm not sure why any discussion of either of them always trends towards hailing one while lambasting the other.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
Flame do you know how to do this on the 360 or anyone I did the K-code at one point but it seems that it did not work. I do want simon on the screen.  :'(
I know how! just put it after the "Press start" prompt appears in a pre-stage loading screen :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
I know how! just put it after the "Press start" prompt appears in a pre-stage loading screen :)

No way it cannot be that easy right? I will try it one day ty.

I'm going to politely disagree, and leave it at that.

I'd like to point out, I wasn't trying to turn this into an IGA/Cox war. I loved IGA's earlier games, up until about AoS, and I have plenty of things I would like to see improved about LoS. Both IGA and Enrique have shown they have positives and negatives, and I'm not sure why any discussion of either of them always trends towards hailing one while lambasting the other.

No peace it seems.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:46:44 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
You mean you didn't recognize the candles dropping hearts/items everywhere? The wall meat? The medusa heads & mermen? All the references Harmony of Dissonance had to past games (there are literally dozens)? The maoi heads, "Julius Mode," etc.

And hey, the classic games recycled sprites, too.

Note my last post.

Also, I like Harmony

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2012, 06:48:18 PM »
Those are just some classic CV elements that you might have overlooked. no argument bro  ;)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Wow, this thread goes to 28 pages in one night! And there's no real info about this game except that it's gonna be made for the 3DS with "Mirror of Faith" as the title.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
Wow, this thread goes to 28 pages in one night! And there's no real info about this game except that it's gonna be made for the 3DS with "Mirror of Faith" as the title.
*Fate  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
well, that's what happens when Konami ignored the 25th Anniversary of our beloved series

all is NOT forgiven. not yet.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
Tell me about it... Dafuq am I supposed to keep up with you guys? :-/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:56:28 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
*Fate  :P

Oh, right. It was "Mirror of Faith" last night... And now it is "Mirror of Fate"!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »
Tell me about it... Dafuq am I supposed to keep up with you guys? :-/
Ok, an insider leaked the information that 2 new Castlevanias are being in development. One of them, a console sequel running in a new better engine with open world elements and better perfomance, and a 3DS game called Mirror of Fate, starring Alucard and/or Trevor Belmont serving as the sequel to the original Lords and a prequel to the main console sequel, set some hundred of years after Gabriel's transformation (With him being the main guy). It's supposed to be a 2D/2.5D/3D (don't have idea) game confirmed to be produced by Dave Cox and written/directed by Enric Alvarez. We don't know if Mercury is developing it though.

And.. that's it ! A Domain registration let the cat out of the bag recently too so it's anything but confirmed.

Oh, right. It was "Mirror of Faith" last night... And now it is "Mirror of Fate"!
Domain registration
http://whois.domaintools.com/castlevania-mirroroffate.com

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
+1
I forget who said this but Rayman Origins doesn't look bad on the 3ds...In fact all the graphical effects and such seem to be in place... ( just downloaded the demo)...

I think the thing you think looks bad is the screen resolution, unfortunately the screen doesn't have that great of a resolution so it looks quite blurry, and the sound effects I admit are atrocious....As far as the graphical powers though it looks fine to me.

I can only imagine what the castlevania is gonna look like on this, wowzers...

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
Someone needs to update the OP with the infos/rumors they release, to be easier to find the info, guys.

I forget who said this but Rayman Origins doesn't look bad on the 3ds...In fact all the graphical effects and such seem to be in place... ( just downloaded the demo)...

I think the thing you think looks bad is the screen resolution, unfortunately the screen doesn't have that great of a resolution so it looks quite blurry, and the sound effects I admit are atrocious....As far as the graphical powers though it looks fine to me.

I can only imagine what the castlevania is gonna look like on this, wowzers...
Yup, it's a blurry mess, the graphics were simplified. The sound is attrocious, the game runs at 30FPS, the gameplay is worse than the consoles/PC/vita version. It's completely shit. I'm not the only one with this oppinion, go look on Neogaf the reception.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:17:36 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
Neogaf is not quite the forum of God once you're in. They are.. too whiny. IDK.

Man this wait is going to KILL US, the good part is that Konami will make a Pre-E3 conference so we won't have to wait 'til June (And wow, finally a GOOD decision by Konami's part, no one will pay attention to their games once the first frame of GTAV is being shown at Los Angeles)

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:12 PM »
+1
-whew...took me a while to catch up-

i gotta say when the dust settles and if this is an actual title i may wind up picking up a 3ds for it. I am unsure if it is just general starvation in the CV department but color me excited none the less! What is it like 2 weeks til E3?
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Tags: .....? 

anything