Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821324 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »
The 3DS wasn't very popular when it first debuted, either

re: huge price drop

And?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
+1
Sony handhelds have never sold well. Castlevania at the very least stands a chance of sales on Nintendo platforms. The sequel to LoS is coming to Vita, anyway.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
You said the Vita isn't a popular system, neither is the 3DS according to Nintendo

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
You said the Vita isn't a popular system, neither is the 3DS according to Nintendo

The 3DS outsold any other Nintendo handheld in its first year.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
+1
Sony handhelds have never sold well. Castlevania at the very least stands a chance of sales on Nintendo platforms. The sequel to LoS is coming to Vita, anyway.
Which is great. I don't have a vita but my brother does and the system is so beautiful, that screen deserves a castlevania on it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
+1
That's not true at all.

Vita hasn't even hit it's 2 million sales mark yet, the 3DS is quickly approaching about 20 mil. now. Maybe more.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: May 21, 2012, 07:58:31 PM »
+1

The point is when it started off it had horrible sales, it took a big price cut and mario to finally come out for it to start succeeding.

Vita is waiting for good system seller games and it's price drop to start picking up steam.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: May 21, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
The point is when it started off it had horrible sales, it took a big price cut and mario to finally come out for it to start succeeding.
A lot of games were canned too because of the 3DS's rough start. I don't regret my purchase anymore though.

This is starting to turn into console wars.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »
Quote from: e105beta

And?

Quote from: OSM
Vita hasn't even hit it's 2 million sales mark yet, the 3DS is quickly approaching about 20 mil. now. Maybe more.

well the Vita was released not too long ago, so give it time to catch up

edit: i'm just saying that 3DS had a rough start, too. they're both incredible pieces of technology
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:01:42 PM by Crisis »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »

Alright, I understand this.

I'm not quite sure what in means in reference to my original statement that the Vita isn't a popular system right now, and thus why people keep forgetting about it.

If you want to expand on that, the other reason the 3DS is probably getting mentioned more than the Vita is that this is a Castlevania forum and save for Dracula X Chronicles, Castlevania has been living on the DS.

And?

It means that statement was false?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »
Double post

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:31 PM »
+1
No sense in arguing about consoles, if this rumor is true we ALL get new castlevania games.

it's a joyous time for all........Rumors of alucard and trevor belmont are icing on the damn cake....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Quote from: e105beta
It means that statement was false?

i'm just saying that 3DS had a rough start, too. they're both incredible pieces of technology

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
Again, I never said it didn't.

Don't really understand why this conversation went in this direction.

EDIT: Looks like I've ruffled some feathers. My respect has dropped like 5 points since entering this thread.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:09:31 PM by e105beta »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
If Castlevania is really coming to WiiU, wow. Man, I wonder what new approach they'll take with it. They have to be doing something with that screen in the middle of the controller.

Man it's actually been YEARS since a proper Castlevania game came out on a major Nintendo platform.

Tags: .....? 

anything