Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119256 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
I think most ppls fave Alien movie is the 2nd one!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
Even if I didn't like the atmosphere and more slow pace of the first one, the second doesn't really do much in the way of story. It's essentially the first movie, but throw in a Queen Alien and a bunch of Marines. The story/premise is almost identical. The only difference is the first takes a space horror approach, while the second is straight-up action. I can't help but see the two as being virtually the same movie but executed differently.

That said, I preferred the second when I was a kid, but in recent years the first has edged it out. Alien is a "flawless" movie. Aliens (the extended cut) is almost there.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2013, 05:44:43 PM »
July 4

Looks like I'm going to be spending it in the most American way possible:

Watching my backlog of obscure kung-fu movie DVDs.

Heroes of the East
Battle of the Warriors
House of Flying Daggers
The Bride with White Hair 1&2
Lady Snowblood 1&2 (technically a samurai movie, but w/e)
Red Cliff 1&2 (I've never actually watched the entire thing.  I just saw a bunch of clips on YouTube and ripped off all the Xiao Qiao scenes)
Come Drink With Me
A Chinese Ghost Story ('87)
Butterfly Sword

WUXIATHON HERE I COME

Is this good or bad?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
It's been years since I've seen Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection but I found Jim Sterling's thoughts on/defenses of them interesting.

ALIEN 3 (Movie Defense Force)

ALIEN RESURRECTION (Movie Defense Force)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
Winona Ryder

That's the only reason I ever need to give for why A:R isn't such a bad movie. Anything with Winona Ryder is A-OK in my book. Now excuse me while I go fap to more pics of her.

(I do agree with the review, A:R was outright hilarious at times and that was clearly intended.)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:16 AM »
As far as hot females go, in that movie Winona had a great competition on Kim Flowers.

Here, for your naughty intentions  ;)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:15:06 AM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
Winona Ryder introduced me to Arthur Miller.

If that scene thou recognizeth and hath seen the movie from whence it cometh, I need say not more.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2013, 12:53:02 AM »
Let me think...
(thinks for a minute)
No, I don't think I've seen that movie.
Which would it be? Now I'm curious...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2013, 07:03:10 AM »
Let me think...
(thinks for a minute)
No, I don't think I've seen that movie.
Which would it be? Now I'm curious...

I googled "Arthur Miller Winona Ryder imdb" and apparently it's a film called "The Crucible" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115988/ the summary says it's about a woman accusing her ex-lovers wife of witchcraft. Presumably back when you could still be burned at the stake for that sort of thing.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
No, I did not see it, but it sounds like a good movie.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
Oh, I almost forgot. I finally watched Les Miserables, and I was highly disappointed by the music. And since it's a musical, I didn't like the movie.
Good story, beautiful aesthetic, great performances...
...but the music was out of place.

Nine. Moulin Rouge.
Those are good musicals with unforgettable soundtracks.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »
+1
Nine! I love that!

Anyway, just watched Despicable Me 2. I prefer the first movie.
The minions are still cute. gelato~~~

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

I checked this out last year, after learning it inspired the likes of Final Fight, Bubblegum Crisis, and Megazone 23. It became a guilty pleasure really fast; last night was the fourth time I've seen it.  ;D It's basically a 50's action musical through the eyes of the 80's. So expect tough guys, bad dialogue, and rock n' roll everywhere. And a young Willem Dafoe in really weird vinyl suspenders.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
Been meaning to see that. The opening musical number from Bubblegum Crisis seems to be ripped straight from it.

Walter Hill's The Warriors is one of my favorite movies (the original cut that is), so I hope his other films are of similar quality. I expect nothing but pure B-grade movie goodness.

I've got The Driver on preorder for Blu-ray. Hard Times is also available on Blu-ray but it's also a limited Twilight Time title, meaning one would have to pay $30+ to own it, no other options, and while it looks like a dece' movie, I'll probably just catch it on Crackle for free in dull quality.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
Been meaning to see that. The opening musical number from Bubblegum Crisis seems to be ripped straight from it.

Walter Hill's The Warriors is one of my favorite movies (the original cut that is), so I hope his other films are of similar quality. I expect nothing but pure B-grade movie goodness.

It totally was ripped from it. Right down to the redclad Ellen Aim stand-in of a singer.

And ah man, The Warriors! Nice to see someone else who totally digs that flick. I'd have had less reason to go for SOF if not for The Warriors.

Tags:

anything