Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mario Kart 7 sux  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:02 AM »
amirite or amirite?

I just can't get into these course designs. My biggest problem is just how pedestrian the tracks are. It's like they designed them to be the same way as the MK Wii courses, which were obviously designed with the handicapped controls of the Wii Wheel in mind. Ya also don't drift the same way as the older games, instead the watered-down controls from the Wii game are used. But here you have a standard controller again, so neither makes any sense.

I've beaten all cups 50, 100, and 150cc and I just don't like this game very much... Easily the weakest in the franchise--and that's saying a lot because I'm REALLY not a very big fan of MK64.

Regretting buying this game... Maybe online play makes it more exciting.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:20:02 AM »
I think they are running out of Kooky, wacky individuals who are on course design. I havent played this one but i could remember the time where you felt proud making it to Rainbow Road on SNES. It sucks i have a DS that i only play CV games on. i would love to pick up a used-to-be classic game like this but im so torn... sorry about the experience tho
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »
That's too bad I was thinking about buying it.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
If there's an eShop demo, I recommend giving it a spin first.

It's possible I'm alone in my disliking of MK7, but it really does feel lazy. It's not quite MK64 Toad's Turnpike lazy, but pretty boring, uninspired courses nonetheless.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:56:58 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:47 PM »
I didn't think that Mario Kart 7 was a BAD game, but there are nonetheless a few things that bother me:
(click to show/hide)
tl;dr version:
-the AI needs some further balancing
-items leave a bit to be desired
-most course designs are OK at best, but not terrible (however, I do like the ones that are a single stretch instead of a lapping loop, like Maka Wuhu)
-the gliding and underwater segments feel too gimmicky and can break some old courses
-limits on coin collecting can be bothersome, especially when later Kart Parts require tons of coins
-absolutely silly roster choices

However, there are things that DID please me about the game:
+the Kart customization; it's fun to see what works best for you
+all courses are available for online play (fuck yourself, Mario Kart DS)
+the gameplay is very solid

Conclusion? As I said, it's not godawful (at least not so much as MKWii), and I actually think it's at least worth checking out a demo (if there is one). At the very least, you'll probably get more fun out of this than, oh say, Paper Mario Sticker Star (that rant is for another time, though).

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
I love MKWii.
MAPLE LOLWAY! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »
Yeah, MKWii has some really good courses, way better than what's in 7.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
The name of this thread.. It makes me chuckle whenever I read it for some reason.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: