Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wii virtual console question! Rondo /Symphony  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Orlox

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Wii virtual console question! Rondo /Symphony
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »
Hi, I'm wondering something about the Rondo of blood version for the Wii virtual console, is Symphony of the night unlockable? Is it Dracula X chronicles or only Rondo?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:42:37 AM by Orlox »
...And the wolves they are howling that sweet but haunted song

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Wii virtual console question! Rondo /Symphony
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:49:20 AM »
+1
Its only Rondo, in japanese, identical to the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16 version plus a "virtual manual".
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:14:56 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:40:56 AM »
As far as I can tell, there isn't ANY reason to want the Wii version if you have a PSP.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:02:25 AM »
The Wii version is being played on a TV which happens to be a far superior screen, and with a better controller in nearly all cases.

That is not to say that the PSP doesn't have it's advantages. Being able to understand and read things does help a lot. In most cases the PSP version would be the best, presuming that you have the TV hookup for your PSP. The bad part is, the PSP's TV functionality makes the screen smaller than the TV screen, for god knows what reason. However, I hear you can 'fix' that if you're savvy enough with your PSP.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »
 Yes, its possible to fix with homebrews, atleast it was what I read the last time. I DLed Rondo for Wii for free since I found it in the interwebz lol
 Another good choice is download this PC port Rondo made by fans.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
Yes, its possible to fix with homebrews, atleast it was what I read the last time. I DLed Rondo for Wii for free since I found it in the interwebz lol
 Another good choice is download this PC port Rondo made by fans.

Forgive me for asking, but did you forget to include a link for it?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
Forgive me for asking, but did you forget to include a link for it?
Rondo for PC, Rondo Wii or PSP homebrew? Since I only have researched about PSP but never buy one I didnt remember even the name of this. About the Wii version I didnt posted because I didnt remember the site and because I think its against the rules, but I can search for you if needed, Rondo for PC I can search too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:25 PM »
Rondo for PC, Rondo Wii or PSP homebrew? Since I only have researched about PSP but never buy one I didnt remember even the name of this. About the Wii version I didnt posted because I didnt remember the site and because I think its against the rules, but I can search for you if needed, Rondo for PC I can search too.

Ohh I have a Wii myself so no I wouldn't want a pirated game. But you mentioned a PC-port. I wasn't aware of a Rondo PC port. Is it fan-made or something?

EDIT: NM I found a PC port. Works pretty well too.

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood - Conversion for PC
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:30:40 AM by Phoenix7786 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 05:31:49 AM »
Nice. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
There is no PC port. It is an emulator running the ripped iso of the TurboGFX16 version (the original). Rondo, however, is about the only game anyone ever cared about on the TurboGFX16. Given that, someone basically packed an emulator and iso into one package, to make it easier to distribute and play.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »
Yes, but I dont thought that its needed to enter in "technical explanations". Also this game runs slow in my PC, while using Magic Engine it runs normal. I simply called it a port because it seems that you can emulate other games apart from Rondo using this pack, even if its not a real port its the most close word that I found for a simple and fast explanation, but thanks for clarifying that anyway, since its not a common knowlodge. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
There is no PC port. It is an emulator running the ripped iso of the TurboGFX16 version (the original). Rondo, however, is about the only game anyone ever cared about on the TurboGFX16. Given that, someone basically packed an emulator and iso into one package, to make it easier to distribute and play.

Oh there are some more popular TBGFX16 games like Military Madness (a heavy inspiration on Advance Wars Days of Ruin) and I can just BARELY remember Splatterhouse making a lot of hubbub when it was ported. I believe the Bonk series was on the TBGFX16 as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »

"Ys III: Wanderers from Ys", "Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou", and "Valis", (among others), would like a word with you.  You're right in that it's one of the most popular PCEngine titles and quite coveted, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »
I didnt played Ys yet, but Valis for sure is a good game, I played the Genesis version and some minutes of the MSX one, but its simply a shame what they did with the franchise. The latest game is purely a visual novel hentai.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything