Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SuperCastlevania  (Read 14070 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 05:51:18 PM »
Hey guys..i just had a chat with Zox via skype..and yeah..we are both on good terms..just to let you know.. I will add him to credits list..and i mentioned the sprites in video were ones i had done(though the concept is bothours).. The main issue we both had was the style of the game..were i think he was going more metroidvania..and us more classic style.  I can't say it would be impossible to mix the concepts...but even still..i thikn that my code abilites..are just too basic for any of that..i coudnt possibly pull off anything..drastic at this rate.

Oh..btw i whipped this up in a short time last night..though it subject to change and edits..i will put up on the board..just a simple edit i'd done:

Also many  of the musicians i have currently added to list are yet to be pending a response from..
Though i asume we can tally some sort of team vote on music bgm.. What i have i just put in place(potential candidates)..
i think Reiko began to show me some stuff..but long story short..it's mostly SCV3 songs he showed me..which for soem reason didnt pertain to this game..Though i must admit i do liek the SCV3 ending song you showed me Reiko.

Feel free  to contribute to bosses/enemies/this sprite or whatever..if you think it will help enhance game.. Sadly it maybe a while before i can really do much more..because i will need to sit down soon with a scratch engine and learn what i can for coding. I'ts hard to say when..after sypha/grant retweak probably..but it will be something on the agenda up next.

EVentualy this will need to be the case..because code help  hasnt been easy to find..and many of my threads on question of how to code this(while mind you i post the code im'' doing) go unanswered entirely. This makes things very difficult learning in the long run.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: SuperCastlevania
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »
Why are all of these videos with such terrible frames-per-second?
It really messes up how cool this game could be looking?

what he said

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 06:35:42 PM »
Hey guys..i just had a chat with Zox via skype..and yeah..we are both on good terms..just to let you know.. I will add him to credits list..and i mentioned the sprites in video were ones i had done(though the concept is bothours).. The main issue we both had was the style of the game..were i think he was going more metroidvania..and us more classic style.  I can't say it would be impossible to mix the concepts...but even still..i thikn that my code abilites..are just too basic for any of that..i coudnt possibly pull off anything..drastic at this rate.

Oh..btw i whipped this up in a short time last night..though it subject to change and edits..i will put up on the board..just a simple edit i'd done:

Also many  of the musicians i have currently added to list are yet to be pending a response from..
Though i asume we can tally some sort of team vote on music bgm.. What i have i just put in place(potential candidates)..
i think Reiko began to show me some stuff..but long story short..it's mostly SCV3 songs he showed me..which for soem reason didnt pertain to this game..Though i must admit i do liek the SCV3 ending song you showed me Reiko.

Feel free  to contribute to bosses/enemies/this sprite or whatever..if you think it will help enhance game.. Sadly it maybe a while before i can really do much more..because i will need to sit down soon with a scratch engine and learn what i can for coding. I'ts hard to say when..after sypha/grant retweak probably..but it will be something on the agenda up next.

EVentualy this will need to be the case..because code help  hasnt been easy to find..and many of my threads on question of how to code this(while mind you i post the code im'' doing) go unanswered entirely. This makes things very difficult learning in the long run.

I'd be more than glad to fix/point out the isssues with this sprite. The proportions are really good. THe main problem is pixel banding. Everywhere. If you don't know what banding is, go here: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139322#139322   The second problem is lightsource. It doesn't look like it has a defenite one. that needs to be fixed as well.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
... I think the same. Its a bit cosmetic, but can works. :)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
I'll look into that.. I actually downsized the animation half scale..and seeing how the size of the dimensions wasnt equal and came out distorted first time aroudn..i made it so it was equal then down scaled.. I could just recapture it all by hand..and redo it..but it would look similar. I'm guessing by what your saying their are more than 16 colors. Either way it's just idea purposes..and i figure at this point..that i will be coming back this way at some point..not yet though. 

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 11:12:53 AM »
Hey guys Julian did some recordings on SCV. For some reason i can't hear sound on youtube which sucks. So i'll have to assume he did a solid job on them. But here is some footage he shot.

And title screen credits go to: James Beavor over at illmosis/scrollmosis site. I met him a long while back while working on pallette ideas for  Cody Travers Mugen with him and Kojunho.  He has many great works he's done!

Here are the stage layouts:

Stage1-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZPqnCyO-0&index=1&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F

Stage 2-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-bL_9X1i0s&index=2&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F

Stage 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfEmtnpW9L4&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F&index=3

Stage 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEKfs18mTJY&index=4&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F

stage 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU6PvMniVwU&index=5&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F

Final Stage-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cJqD-YVVY&index=6&list=PLMeONOh3XtrPgPPi9qFE_MwC95tB6ZM7F

Although the game is incomplete..because i am shifting focus back to SCV3 shortly...i was consediring dropping down a demo.. It won't be super pretty(bugs/glithces)  and incomplete bosses. But it will be something you guys could fiddle with. If i get a vote of confidence here..i'll upload it if not..i'll hold off. Sadly i've not gotten any code help on this game..and boucing between two games.it may take a while to complete.  Perhaps you guys could take a vote..or maybe'll i'l ljust host it as a beta test.exe...

sorry  i havent been able to release much on SCV3 for you guys sadly  That engines is much larger..and i need to rework it and get it ported somehow to studio. I''ll talk around... i woulda figured code help woulda came our way by now..obviously this is not the case.. I realize i'll have to be the master of all trades ..not jack of all trades to pull that one off..wish me luck!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:16:34 AM by Las »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
id love to see a demo ;D
bugs or not i'm sure it be very fun to play hopeful your have a way to skip ahead if there parts you can get stuck on where can play it all the way threw 8)
i'll be looking for the demo this will be cool to play thanks ;)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 10:32:55 PM »
Sure thing.. Here you go:

SuperCastlevania(beta_demo)
https://www.mediafire.com/?00712slp84ak6l7

This is a beta demo..Not really a full demo. I havent worked out many issues..so do expect them..If anyone wants to do a bug report of sorts thats' ok too..just pm me..dont nail every issue on the board. Thanks!  Thier is a credits list thus far and a how to play..granted some options will change in time..obviously many adjustments..including snd fx's,some graphics,potential bgm's..and various aspect of the game will change also..So for now here if a first beta..
Their isnt controller pc support..so you'll have to use xpadder or joy2key..
ok guys enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:34:56 PM by Las »

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »
i can´t play it.
when it opens it says error creating object.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:52 PM »
What exactly does it say? and what Os do you use?

Ok the only issue i've found is hitting the switch player button on the title menu. If you hit that button(whatever you map it as) it will draw an error on the screen. So dont use the change player button!:

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for D-key Key
for object obj_titlemenu:

Unexisting room number: 0

If you hit start(enter) or attack(Z i think) or X(jump) it should allow you to play the game. Dont hit any other buttons that allow the use of moving forward or backwards on titlemenu..as this will be problematic too.

I have ran it several times on a vista pc(which seems the shakiest os)..so i'm thinking it shoudl work. If you have a newer os..i'm not sure what to tell you. Possibly go right click and go into properties:> run program in compatible mode for: and then try and select something like windows xp servic e pack 2 or higher..some older setting. I've heard someone having an issue with getting the game working on windows 7 but doing that and having success..

If not..i'll have to goolgle and do some research. I have no idea what os you use.. I have vista 32 bit..so it may be different. I assumed it would work. I tested it about 4 times..and worked everytime. Make sure everything is in the folder..dont take anything out..past that i'm not sure.. I am no expect here..but like i said..i'll have to google depending on the os and see what i can retrieve depending on the issues.

If you mention the os here and anyone has advice to getting gm8 game.exe(application) to work on your os..then please let us know..it woudl be helpful. Hopefully we can resolve this. So far Jop and i have had good luck with it..with no issues. I dunno what he uses.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »
Super Castlevaina Beta Test (Unplayable)

Unplayable.

Shown above.

EDIT: Ok, Jop says to press 5 to use the stage select, I will try that and post my feedback.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:57:08 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 01:57:40 PM »
I tried it out on my pc running windows 7.
It works just fine. It needs some polish but it's quite functional and nostalgic as all hell.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »
I test and yes there are part where you stay stuck but press 5 lets you go to the next area, there are others buttons to help in case, 0 gives 99 hearts and 9 heals you, F4 its for full screen and I think 6 its for go to the area you pass.

Remember something, you can do a slide and he jump backflip and backdash, I fogott that and in some parts get stuck XD.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
the 5 key on keyboard is for moving forward and 6 for moving back i belive. These features would more than likely be taken off for the final..but this is a beta demo so that you guys have a game to fiddle with. It is not a final by any stretch. I just felt at this point..their was enough done to  have you guys play the game and have some fun, and seeing how i'm still working on SCV3 and reworking some stuff it will be at least something i am able to provide for the cv fan gamers out their..something to tide you over with. Keep in mind alot could change and will.. Some areas are a tad ridiculous i'll admit..and one level in particular is very diffucult. But yeah if you are able to run the game..thast' good. If not..i'm not sure atm what to tell you. As i've stated i've tested it out on at least the vista i have..and jop says it works ok on xp..as i believe inccubus said it's ok on 7. If you use anything past that..or 64 bit os..i have no idea if it would work or not.. May depend on graphics card. Very hard to say..i am not a pc expert so i dont really know. I'm still very much learning in terms of gaming.. so i just ask for anyone to bear with me here..  I would suggest to google the issue as i will too when i have free internet time. Normally i dont' have much time on it.. where i learn what i can when i can.. So yeah sorry for any invonvenience.   If anyone has a viable solution or does figure out why it works on some systems and not on others please let me know. This engine is in gm8 i have not been abel to port to studio yet.. i more than likely will talk around and see what i can do on the yoyo forums..

For those of you able to play it..i hope you've enjoyed thus far..thanks for checking it out!

Also i got a chance to check out the above vid. YOu will have to hit the attack button i believe after the intro scene.. It will only move to the 1st level after he drops his whip i believe. If it's not accurate to the original..i'll have to change the code so it goes direclty to level1. But yeah..dont hit start(enter) just hit attack or jump.. i think it's attack. worse case scenario push 5 to move forward..but yeah there is atleast one button mapped to move to the next room.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 05:20:58 PM »
DAMN IT BE A GOOD GAME but at alot of places you can get stuck easily and in that place after the mermen, that jump is impossoble
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags:

anything