Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!  (Read 11993 times)

Ericard

Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:32:20 AM »
Removed for use of a sprite without original creator's permission
-Gunlord
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:46:52 PM by Gunlord »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
mmmm.meh..It seems stable enough though.

Seems more akin to Castlevania Fighter than an actual complete title.

People are still making games with BOR since Lavalit shut down?! (Doesn't seem the same.)

Maybe I will give it a shot...

I think it could have had a bigger potential there are some really good things in parts but, there looks to be incomplete animations in certain bosses because no one took the extra care to make them...(Especially the final boss.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:05:49 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »
+2
The greatest question I have to make here is: What in the freaking hell is my Dracula final boss sprite doing on this game without my permission?

I mean, it's cool to know people like it to the point of wanting to use it, but a simple PM asking me about it would've been nice.

I'm not even credited on this.

>:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:47:16 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
The greatest question I have to make here is: What in the freaking hell is my Dracula final boss sprite doing on this game without my permission?

When I saw it I was thinking "oh neat they asked TPT to use his Dracula form." Scroll down, NOPE.

Really shitty of them to do that. People have no shame anymore. They must think it's OK to steal stuff for whatever reason.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:22:36 PM »
Yeah...I saw it and wondered too.  Watched the credits just to see and didn't see any name I regonized.  I was gonna ask, but you've already posted and apparently you didn't give permission.  Anything you can do about it?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
It's hard to really do something about it, especially legally.

You can always call the lynch mob and attack though. Hunt them down wherever they go, and make sure they understand what they did is not acceptable.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 06:43:57 PM »
Uzo is pretty much spot-on. There is not much I can do BUT most people here know where the sprite came from, and most people where I uploaded the artwork also know where the sprite came from. So there's that. Even without the credits, these people will know who did the sprite.

I'll see what I can do though.

Ericard, not a nice move on your part. Worst case scenario I would've said I have no time to animate the sprite but you could use it anyway as long as credit was given. Now I want the sprite removed.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
Ericard------->     

Ericard

Re: Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »
Sorry guys, I found the sprite in the google image, but it didn't wrote the name in. So, that's why I can't even know who the author was...

But anyway, I'll credit it from the maker of Dracula's 3rd form sprite, however... the program is under my own ideas...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:28:36 PM by Ericard »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:39 PM »
+1
Sorry guys, I found the sprite in the google image, but it didn't wrote the name in. So, that's why I can't even know who the author was...

But anyway, I'll credit it from the maker of Dracula's 3rd form sprite, however... the program is under my own ideas...

So you just found a gorgeus Dracula sprite on Google and never bothered to find if it belongs to someone or not? That is interesting ...
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Ericard

Re: Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 02:41:02 AM »
So you just found a gorgeus Dracula sprite on Google and never bothered to find if it belongs to someone or not? That is interesting ...

Yes, but I still didn't know who the author was...

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:48:54 AM »
Not a good enough excuse.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:47 AM »

And the Google page where you found the sprite did not lead you to its creator? That is really hard to believe.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 03:06:09 AM »
As a Law student specializing in Intellectual Property, I'm quite amused at this situation.

Also, nobody brought up that this 1999 game stars Simon, and not Julius?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:52:54 AM »
And the Google page where you found the sprite did not lead you to its creator? That is really hard to believe.

Specially considering that the sprite he's using is the effectless one, so it's not the one present on my Deviant Art, but the one at Pixel Joint or the one found here, both of which are 'pure', and both of which have a clear creator attached right behind them   >:(

Since you still are apparently clueless, the creator's preferred handle is "Emppixel". I *REALLY* wanted this sprite removed from the game, but since you probably won't do it, and I can't afford to chase you everywhere (but do not think this will slide so easily, as I have tracked where you dwell and your other usernames), I will kindly ask you to give credit where credit is due.

I repeat: THIS IS NOT NICE. People put effort on these things, and the ONLY job you had was to click on the link and see who made it, and you couldn't get this simple thing done. Try not to repeat it. Here at the Dungeon, your name and your game are already smeared because you couldn't spare two extra clicks and a PM.

Every day I understand more why Serio got so territorial with his sprites: All you have to do is ask, but this is simple rule is trampled, and later justified with cardboard-thick excuses. As VladCT put it majestically: These are not enough of good excuses. Not nearly enough.

About your game: It has Simon Belmont in it, and you call it DCW. It bears preciselly zero resemblance with anything that could evoke what DCW would be like (main one being the presence of Julius Belmont). Plus the title for the game itself (as per what the video shows) says nothing like the title that you flaunt here from time to time.

I don't get why the overly long names that you associate with it, and the link to your game is incredibly obfuscated for whatever draconian reason (or I am incredibly dumb, probably this). Plus, it seems to be nowhere as ready as you make it to be.

The gameplay itself seems quite solid, if a tad wonky. But that's mostly it, and the game doesn't show too much novelty or imagination beyond "buncha bosses strung together". In my humble opinion you could take it back to the kitchen and let it cook more, because it tastes raw. A beta of the true idea.

As a Law student specializing in Intellectual Property, I'm quite amused at this situation.

Care to elaborate a bit :) ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:29:22 AM by theplottwist »