Poll

Should there be another female lead character?

YES ABSOLUTELY
35 (67.3%)
NO DEFINATELY NOT
6 (11.5%)
I DUNNO, MIND VIOLATE DARK PRIEST
11 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A new female lead?  (Read 33427 times)

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
(click to show/hide)

...dhampirs anyone? (NOT THAT I LIKE THE IDEA)

If LOS introduced a female lead it would probably adhere to the more profitable sexy vampire stereotype in the same way that Gabriel was a morally ambiguous anti hero

aww that makes me sad, pandering to the basic side of the masculine >< if they do that... you'd basically have bloodrayne. (i laugh at her stupid head)

are there no games, movies, books, where the female lead was both a believeable character AND sexy and or beautiful? see... that's why i asked if society was ready for a realistic female lead.

and i, like the idea of a dampire belmont almost as much as i like watching paint dry. it suggests that 'dracula' wasn't such a bad guy and then you run into softening the one baddy that was never meant to be anything but perpetual evil.

it will further romantasize a freaking demon. which is just silly! well, to me it is. oh i could go on, but... i really hope if there is ever a female belmont in the CLOS world... she is gabriel's sister... or some kind of far reaching relative, proved by some old manuscript somewhere LOL stretching it a bit... but i can imagine. and she takes on gabriel's surname because his true demise is still unknown to all others.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 08:54:53 PM »
and i, like the idea of a dampire belmont almost as much as i like watching paint dry. it suggests that 'dracula' wasn't such a bad guy and then you run into softening the one baddy that was never meant to be anything but perpetual evil.

it will further romantasize a freaking demon. which is just silly!

LOL! Like Twilight and the Anne Rice novels? Thankx a lot writers!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: A new female lead?
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »
Yeah.  They completely killed the concept of a vampire as a monster.  They have essentially reduced them to a bunch of emo pretty boys.  While I can see how that caters to the tastes of the ladies, it alienates the straight guys (really pisses me off).  The best example of a true vampire outside of CV is the Alucard from the hellsing anime and manga.  Now that is a vampire!!!
Behold my power and tremble

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »
Yeah.  They completely killed the concept of a vampire as a monster.  They have essentially reduced them to a bunch of emo pretty boys.  While I can see how that caters to the tastes of the ladies, it alienates the straight guys (really pisses me off).  The best example of a true vampire outside of CV is the Alucard from the hellsing anime and manga.  Now that is a vampire!!!

i know right?! even integral is totally badass. i'm a lady... and alucard from hellsing... definately catered to me... there was nothing romantic to him. it was all raw power (and a good looking mug) that lended him the attractivness. but on the unlikely event that he was real and i met him... no... just no. i'd run away screaming.

EXACTLY!

as for a believable leading belmont lady... yeah, i could really go for that. i just wish there was a way to bring her about. *le sigh

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »
Would you? As I recall, he was something of a gentleman...didn't he save Seras Victoria's life? Albeit by turning her into a vampire, but still...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
Would you? As I recall, he was something of a gentleman...didn't he save Seras Victoria's life? Albeit by turning her into a vampire, but still...

hence the running away. the life (or the unlife rather) of a vampire has been glamourized. it's gruesome thing. nearly immortal, watching everyone around you die, limitless power that eventually takes it's toll. nope, i'll leave that to the already damned... count me out... hehe, i crack myself up.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »

I agree twilight is a piece of crap but Anne Rice's Interview with the vampire is pretty good imo.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
Anne Rice is who Stephanie Myers WISHES she was.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
Anne Rice is who Stephanie Myers WISHES she was.

i don't think stephanie myers has ever read anne rice novels... much less anything else that is better than her. stephanie is in a league of her own... poor dear. 

Offline CapriciousWitch

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: A new female lead?
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
YES! I've noticed that they're aren't many women who kick ass in the series, what the fuck are the developers chauvinist dudes or what?! To be honest I think they made females pretty half ass, yeah lets A- make one a warrior type (Kind of) B-Make her spellcaster type. Not much in the middle well rounded characters.

The idea of being sexy some say? Well she's a vampire hunter, doesn't matter how she's dressed, if she's got a rockin' body, a pretty face, and kicks ass, she's going to be sexy. (LOL I used an eff load of commas!  :P)

She can be dressed like Mother Teresa for all guys care but if she meets the prerequisites above, the sex appeal will come.

I'm waiting for the day when the developers will bring a female hero.
What we I want for a female Hero.

List of Wants
Kick Ass
Looks Good *Physically includes body,face,hair, etc Blah Blah*
Sounds Good *If she has a voice I hear from Japanese Hentai's I swear I will choke a b*ch*
Has Charisma *Never FORGER about Personality*
Has a History (Back Story! Why should we care about this chick? Why does she want to kill?)
Great Moves/Variety of Moves ( She better defend herself well or again I will choke a b*tch)

I'm sure people have other ideas I can't think of anything else really needed for a female heroine at the moment.

PS. Sir Integral Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing owns. ;D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 10:31:58 AM »
Don't you dare question my resolve! I've already given you your marching orders, soldier! You will search and destroy! SEARCH AND DESTROY!! Any resistance you encounter is to be crushed! Hellsing does not run from our enemies! Kill them all!! I order you to leave nothing but bloody stains in your wake!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »
You're a Hellsing fan too, Uzo? 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »

You forget the most important part they sparkle now instead of burning into ash.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
Don't you dare question my resolve! I've already given you your marching orders, soldier! You will search and destroy! SEARCH AND DESTROY!! Any resistance you encounter is to be crushed! Hellsing does not run from our enemies! Kill them all!! I order you to leave nothing but bloody stains in your wake!
Integra <3
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 10:34:56 PM »
oh boy another character who will quickly disappear into the series' endless misogyny.

Tags:

anything