Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hopes and dreams for 2013?  (Read 77209 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: January 01, 2013, 04:12:58 AM »
+1
What are you hoping happens in regard to the Castlevania series in the upcoming year?

• I would like to know it's already going to be revealed who is going to work on a Castlevania game next after LoS2.
  • I hope the series returns to a more inspired art design. Roughly any artist who worked on the series from 1993 - 2009, or of course a completely new artist.
  • Admittedly, I would like to see any elements introduced by the Lords of Shadow series ignored except for the wonderfully gothic design of the castle from LoS1.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:28:27 AM by Nagumo »

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Hopes and dreams for 2013?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:49:35 AM »
+2
I'm hoping that we get a new classicvania preferably one that isn't 2.5D but true 2D
most of all though I'm just hoping that 2013 will really bring the LOS saga to a definite conclusion and that Castlevania moves onto more interesting things.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:55:12 AM by C Belmont »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
+1
I hope that LOS2 ends on a high note and that Castlevania moves on beyond it.
Hopefully a new dev team will take on Castlevania and stick closer to the source material in the next reboot.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »
+1
For Castlevania to get a lot better than it is now.

For Konami to realize the Mercury Steam games were the stupidest thing the series has ever done and bring things back to what fans want to see, which is, ya' know, Castlevania.

For Konami to realize that what fans want to see does not necessarily make for games with minute sales. Castlevania will sell and be competitive in its natural form so long as the games are great, inspired, and fresh. Bullshit gimmicks like LotR reboots or the most cliche anime tropes aren't necessary. Please don't insult people's intelligence, or your series like that, Konami. If your stuff is truly, truly excellent, and it's marketed intelligently, people will buy it. Word will carry. People aren't turned off to elegant artwork or pretty vampires. You can make a game about panda bears fighting in submarines, and if it's really awesome, people will play it. What people are turned off to are uninspired, stale games that cut corners due to production values and development periods that are way too low.

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »
+1
I'd like the team that made "Contra 4" to be given a shot at the series.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »
+1
i just want to be happy  :)

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Hopes and dreams for 2013?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »
Never see a Castlevania with horrendous anime style

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »
+1
My hopes and dreams for 2013 are to find someone and get married :D I feel like 26 is too old to be un-married, but maybe that's just my personal feelings.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 10:53:18 AM »
+2
I wouldn't mind a revival of the Kid Dracula series. Maybe give kids their own offshoot of the CV series. I tend to find, nowadays, it's like adults are bogarding the majority of everything, and want kids to meet them on their level than vice versa(which IMO, hurts kids, because kids should BE kids, not attain to be young adults at a younger age). It's kinda the "selfish adult" syndrome. I think kids nowadays are getting gypped. You could evidently see it on saturday mornings. Where it used to be the golden time for children, now they only run some regurgitated Cable programming, then cut to a multitude of sports programming(Because daddy needs his beer time with his friends EARLIER than usual, so kiddy, get the fuck out of the living room, it's MAN TIME!!!).

It's actually kinda strange who everything exists in stark contrasts nowadays. Nintendo exists MAINLY to deliver child/family friendly games, but rarely releases teen-adult aimed titles. Most other game developers have shifted to targetting solely teens to adults, but give chidren the shaft. Why can't there be a medium area? Doesn't it kinda make sense that, the wider demographic you aim your game selection to be, the more chance you'll have to appeal to more of an audience? More money? Isn't that what developers/companies are all about, money?

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »
I hope Castlevania will continue in a more dark and serious, western fantasy inspired, direction of the LOS, though maybe with different story this time. I'll be glad, if it not returns to the "metroidvania" formula forever. Level by level progression should be preserved with remotely high difficulty and platforming.

Castlevania deserved better treatment than rehashing its own guts again and again for the sake of I don't know why. It's deserved to be better than a 2D outcast game on portable consoles. It's deserved to be great and epic even, if it changes some aspects of the series.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
+1
My hopes and dreams for 2013 are to find someone and get married :D I feel like 26 is too old to be un-married, but maybe that's just my personal feelings.

Marrying at 26 is pretty early IMO. But maybe it depends on where you live. It seems 30-35-ish is the 'norm' here.. Which makes perfect sense cause people are somewhat grown up and ready at that age. Or as ready as you can be..

As for Castlevania? I just hope MoF and LoS2 are decent.

Offline Kramgnauh

• Scared newbie...
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
+1
I would wish Castlevania would return to 2D sprites.... enemies, characters and environments looks so much more lively than the ones I seen in Mirror of Fate.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
+1
I wish for Castlevania to return to it's source-material, but keep things new and exciting. Los cattered to some people why were of the original series and those who'd never even heard of Castlevania. But in the end it alienated a lot of people who were long time fans. I wish for 2013 to be the end of this current dark age of CV and bring about a hopeful new outlook for the future of the series.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »
+1
I wish for Castlevania to return to it's source-material, but keep things new and exciting.

Amen.

Although it's already been said, I'd like to see a return to the Classicvania formula in 2D, with staples the series used to have: high difficulty, theme (Eastern take on Western horror icons), and a short yet competent storyline. Add gameplay innovations to the old formula. And if that can't be done, a retro-ish title like Mega Man 9/10 would be awesome, too. Of course I'm still open to other possibilities, but seeing a return to its roots would be my favorite.

And a return of Konami to the days of old. It's always good to have one of your favorite titles in the hands of a competent publisher.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
+1
I just hope to see more fun Castlevania games. I'd like Ready At Dawn to take the reigns if the lame-ass Konami CV team doesn't want to do it. Ready At Dawn knows what it is to respect the roots of a game while giving a fresh new experience. They did, after all, make God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Daxter, all of which are quality games that are impossible to tell that they were made by a different development team than Santa Monica or Naughty Dog.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: