Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Baroque  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
Baroque
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
Baroque, a fiendishly difficult, randomly generated dungeon crawler that at times can be an incredible work of interactive fiction, and at other times, a muddled mess.

i have never seen anyone that has this game and i find it rly underrated...once you get the idea of the game, bc you're throw there with no idea of what to do and no story...but there's a story.....very complex one that is going further everytime you "die"...if you play it or played you know what i mean by "die".

The Good

* An incredible number of weapons and items to find and experiment with 
    * Very strong and compelling story that tries something different and mostly succeeds.

The Bad

* Extremely inaccessible for anyone but fans devoted to this genre 
    * Intentionally vague storytelling method is very difficult to get into 
    * The expressionless, doll-like characters seem awkward in cutscenes 
    * Atrociously awful camera.

Story:  In the not-so-distant future, a cataclysm known as the Blaze has annihilated the world, leaving behind a broken humanity that can exist only by clinging to their delusions, known as baroques. Some time after this, the player-named protagonist awakens without any of his memories and finds himself unable to speak, burdened by a powerful guilt for an unknown sin. He encounters a winged being called the Archangel, who tells him to head to the bottom of a bizarre tower where he can atone for his transgression and heal the world.

You'll find out everything if you play it right to the very end, the "real" ending...many ppl understand in different ways...but there is a "real" one.

Just remember that death is not the end it's just a new beggining and not everything is what it seens...

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Tags: