Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry Reboot  (Read 51515 times)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
revamped...lul i get it. Considering that Alucard is such an iconic character and that MS' Belmont design top notch, I don't think we will have a problem. The worst they could do is base the design off of CV3.

Yeah Gabriel looks like I'd imagine a Belmont to look in 3d. If Cox did Alucard I wouldn't be suprised if he changed his attire a bit to fit the more medieval time frame. My major concern is if he changed the hair, the face, all that kind of stuff. I really didn't like his CV3 appearance. I don't know if it's a popular design amongst Castlevania fans but it certainly isn't my cup of tea. I'd much prefer him to look like SotN Alucard.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »
Maria: wait a moment, you seem different and yet, what do you here?
CV3 Alucard: I've come to disappoint my fans.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »
Maria: wait a moment, you seem different and yet, what do you here?
CV3 Alucard: I've come to disappoint my fans.
awesome! ;D

we'll all this stuff regarding rebooting Alucard may very we'll come true seeing as how in a recent interview Cox said he may do a Alucard game.
and i completely agree Vrakanox
his CV3 appearance was just not cool at all.
he had the stearotypical Dracula look which isn't cool.
i'm perfectly fine with giving him a more medieval look such as changeing his armor and attire but changeing his hair and face would be lame IMO

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »
awesome! ;D

we'll all this stuff regarding rebooting Alucard may very we'll come true seeing as how in a recent interview Cox said he may do a Alucard game.
and i completely agree Vrakanox
his CV3 appearance was just not cool at all.
he had the stearotypical Dracula look which isn't cool.
i'm perfectly fine with giving him a more medieval look such as changeing his armor and attire but changeing his hair and face would be lame IMO
Do we mean Alucard's whole look in CV3, or his head, because given Cox's knack for doing the medieval-look thing, I'd doubt we'd get either. Alucard, like early Dracula in the series, were totally out of place in the looks department. I mean, I'd doubt you'd see many nobles back in the 1400s or 1600s dressed in black tuxedos, capes, with slicked back hair, which was more of an late 1800s/early 1900s look. Hehe, unless you could say that Drac and son were hundreds of years ahead of popular fashion.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »
Well, Castlevania is a ridiculously anachronistic series, so it's not farfetched.  Plus, what with now time travel and all, lots of things are out of place:

-LoS's Mechanical Tower (and Mechanical Monstrosity within)
-LoI's Anti-Soul Mysteries Lab and one grandfather clock room (despite IGA trying to make it an excuse to not have a clocktower stage, this snuck in, despite 'there were no clocks at the time').
-Legends' and CV3's ClockTowers (I believe).
-CoD's Chair Collecting (one of them was a modern office chair!).
-Belmonts' Revenge's 'cloud castle' is floating in the air (though this could be 'magic', not technology).
-Frankenstein's creature existing even before Electricity was invented, from CV3's time all the way to Simon's time... I believe he wouldn't exist until Richter's time.
-Symphony of the Night had a working pseudo-modern elevator system in 1794.
-The Tower of Science and the Castle Center in CV64/LoD intentionally featured models of objects that would not exist until many years later.  Although the game takes place in the late 1800's, there are dirigible blimps, transistor radios, Crystal LASER technology, and motorcycles, prior to their time (the tesla coils might be accurate, though).

At this point, at least it can be handwaved by 'Dracula's Magic' or 'St.Germaine/Aeon's influence in the past", etc.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
prior to their time (the tesla coils might be accurate, though).

The Tesla coil was invented 40 years after CV64 takes place.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Terminus Est

• Divine Illusionary Time
    • Awards
Re: Devil May Cry Reboot
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »
this is probably the worst DMC sequal ever,i mean really... from badass guy to a smoking emo weirdo... :'(
i loved the previous games,,but DMC5 looks so bad,why did they even do this??
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.” A.Einstein
"Time is absolute"
“You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future” Terminus Est

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:06 PM »
-Belmonts' Revenge's 'cloud castle' is floating in the air (though this could be 'magic', not technology).

Don't hate me for correcting you here Jorge but the Cloud Castle isn't floating at all. It's supported by large stone pillars which are evident on the map screen. The large cloud covering the castle gives it the impression that it's floating but that's not the case.  ;D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
Back to the, you know, Devil May Cry in the topic. Capcom is apparently aiming to make this the "perfect Devil May Cry" with this game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292244/news/capcom-aiming-to-make-the-perfect-devil-may-cry/

If even one fucking iota of this game involves some dumbass button icon prompt, they have failed. The article mentions the success of Dead Rising 2 as defense, but 1. that was Blue Castle, not Ninja Theory, and 2. Dead Rising was already pretty much a GTA-esque game with Westerners in mind. For this kind of precise, heavily combat-focused game... I think the only benchmark this will set for the series is the only game more despised than DMC2.

Also, I still can't quite get over the similarities between Tameem-a-barber or whatever his name is and "Dante".

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
DMC1 is already the perfect DMC.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2011, 07:23:52 AM »
Bayonetta is already the perfect DMC.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
Bayonetta is already the perfect DMC.

Yep. I have a really hard time going back to DMC1.

I'm still praying my theory is correct about this Dante being some brainwashed guy who is a victim of kidnapping and/or demon genetic enhancements. (Also I hope for Capcom's sake that they're smart enough to vehemently disallow NT from placing any kind of QTE in the game. It probably won't happen because TEH NOO KAZHUWAL AWDYENCE that needs them in every goddamn game released nowadays.)

It's funny. I keep wanting to see more of this game, not because I'm interested in buying it but, like rubberneckers on a highway, I want to see how hard it'll crash and burn (and whether or not there's any blood). Was this Capcom's plan all along? To shoot the moon?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:28:53 PM by Munchy »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2011, 01:39:02 AM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Alucard's CV3 design.

Eat that, suckas!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
DMC3 is the perfect Devil May Cry game. Bayonetta is just DMC with some big boobed slut that no one cares about.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
I care about her more than I do about this fakeDante fellow, and slightly more than the classic Dante guy.
Then again, I'm not into DMC all that much.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything