Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Last Window  (Read 6700 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:19:18 AM »
Sequel to Hotel Dusk.

Someone from Europe buy it for me.

But no, seriously—if someone in Europe COULD get the game for me and ship it to me, that would be great, so long as you aren't looking to make some insane profit like import stores do. (Even though it's sold out, it's listed at almost $60 at NCSX.)

Ideally I'd like to just pay the cost of the game and shipping, using PayPal to pay in either pounds or euros, but I could also give a little for the help/effort if you'd like.

I wouldn't be asking this if Amazon.co.uk weren't so legal and legit in not allowing me to buy games.

Edit: Sheeeeit. It's 37 euros at Amazon.de (about 52 US dollars) and only 21 pounds at Amazon.co.uk (about 34 USD). Sooo...if someone from the UK could help me out here, that'd be great.

Edit 2: Won'tcha know, it went up to almost 25 pounds in the past few minutes. Sonsabitches! Still, that's only about $40.

Anyway, trying to get a UK buddy of mine to get it for me, so...I may not need help from anyone here after all, ha. BUT, if anyone wants to volunteer in case I do, please let me know.

Otherwise, uh...just...talk about the game?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:29:42 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »
Last Window is about 379 SEK (approx $57) in sweden so I guess you're better off getting it from someone else..

I've never played Hotel Dusk nor the sequel, but I'm kinda interested now after reading about them... Sounds a bit like Deja Vu on the NES? Or something.

EDIT: I don't recommend getting RPG/Adventure style games from Germany unless you know the language since some of them are in deutsch only. Dunno about newer games but good luck finding a PAL copy of games like Terranigma. 9 out of 10 copies I've stumbled upon come with german screen text only  :-\
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:15:10 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
That's one thing that's disconcerting about looking for games that are listed as "PAL games." It's like, "OK, so it's a PAL game... What country and what language?" ha. I find this a lot on eBay. Whenever I get to playing Terranigma (once I beat Illusion of Gaia), I'll just stick to the English ROM.

I've never played Deja Vu, but Hotel Dusk is a whole lot of fun. Don't really know what to compare it to, but I really loved it. Great, gripping story, fun gameplay, really cool graphical style for the characters, and it's pretty moody at times. Something about it just really gripped me. I'm (slowly, sporadically) playing through Again right now, which is the same kind of game also developed by Cing, but it's not gripping me like Hotel Dusk did. (Still pretty interesting, though.) Hoping Last Window pulls me in.

Anyhoo, my buddy emailed me back saying he'd get the game for me, whooooot.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »
Well, the german version of Last Window is titled "Last Window: Das Geheimnis von Cape West", so that's a BIG warning right there, lol.

Most of the time - in european games - you can choose between different languages at the start of the game - English, German, French, Italian or Spanish. In scandinavia, most sports games and kiddie games are translated into swedish (or norweigian, danish etc), and other games are in english only. It's a bit confusing sometimes, but I've learnt throughout the years not to buy PAL games from any country other than scandinavia or the UK. (Yes, expensive german copy of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, I'm looking at you...)

Anyway, I think I'm gonna get myself a copy of Hotel Dusk. Sounds like it should be right up my alley!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:05:31 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
I was gripped right from the intro.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Game Introduction

What a great way to do cutscenes, and I love the music in this game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:12:43 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »
I have Hotel Dusk: Room 215.

I'm STUUUUUUUCK though!  I think Dinner just ended so it's around night-time and I have no idea where to go, haha.  The stylized 'sketch/cutout' style is really really great, though!  I bought the game because it's from Cing and I loved Cing's "Trace Memory".  Where the hell's my Trace Memory sequel in English dammitall!?!?!?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
I really need to start playing Hotel Dusk. Cing seemed like a pretty great developer, looking at things. I heard Little King's Story was excellent as well. Apparently, they filed for bankruptcy back in March, though. ; A ;

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »
So, what other games did Cing make?
Did they make Another Code? I really need to get to know this developer, even if they're defunct now.

EDIT: Oh, they made Glass Rose on PS2? I held it in my hand the other day at a vintage game shop, but I ended up not picking it up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:38:33 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:45:04 PM »
Another Code is Trace Memory, isn't it?  It's its alternate name in other countries, if I recall correctly.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »
Yep, Another Code = Trace Memory

I have the first game on DS, but didn't get very far. For some reason I found it too open, big, and overwhelming. Hotel Dusk was easier for me to get into because you're just walking through hallways and exploring hotel rooms.

The Wii sequel was released in Europe, but I wouldn't know how to play a PAL game on my Wii. Probably some tricky dicky hacking stuff that I don't wanna bother with, and even then I'm unsure if the game would play properly.

Unless it's got a cool-ass NTSC 60Hz mode like a lot of European PS2 games do, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:06:06 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:05:45 AM »
LOL just run the game through Gecko and it'll play, from what I hear.
It's a Europe PAL disc game?  It should work (I think you can 'force' ntsc).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 01:37:48 PM »
According to a comment on YouTube, Another Code: R plays splendidly using Gecko OS. Think I'll try to snatch this game up then.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Myesh, do so.
GeckoOS helps out with these import deally-o's.  I know I thoroughly enjoyed the JPN Tatsunoko VS. Capcom way earlier than when it was ported to the USA.  Then again, that was NTSC, but I know for a FACT that you can mess with the NTSC/PAL options via Gecko. :D

When it works, let me know!  I'd love to play the sequel to Trace Memory.  I beat it but I didn't get all of the percentage, sadly (I missed one of the shoes.  THE SHOES!!!!).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »
Would Gecko OS or some other app help with playing Fatal Frame IV with the English patch, or would some other app be required? Been wanting to play that game for a long time now.

And on that note, does anyone know if either Calling or Fragile Dreams are any good?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:17:49 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
What kind of patch is it?  If it's altering the ISO, it 'might' not work... though I hear that patching Brawl does work with just Gecko.  I suppose it depends on how the thing is being patched.  GeckoOS won't help you with illegal ISOs/copies.  It does help with imports.

If it's a RAM patch, doable with GeckoOS and patch files, or with Riivolutions, then it most likely would work.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: