Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: request/help?  (Read 6649 times)

Offline adam

• I like Castlevania sometimes...
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
request/help?
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »
I'm currently working on an 8-bit fangame. I like the nes style so I sort of want to stick with that. My question is, does anyone know where I can find any castlevania midis that have NES quality?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:09:12 AM »
www.vgmusic.com <- might have something.

I'd use MP3's to be honest though.

Offline adam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: request/help?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
I'm using game maker though, and mp3's completely kill the load times.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »
Bah, Gamemaker.

PS: you may or may not have noticed, the main site here has midis too. Unsure if they were what you're looking for though.

Offline adam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »
Bah gamemaker indeed.

I'm too stupid to use any other method.

Yeah i found some, thanks!

But now I have another question!

Sound effects, does anyone know where i can find some.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:35:54 AM by adam »

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:44:51 PM »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »
I'm currently working on an 8-bit fangame. I like the nes style so I sort of want to stick with that. My question is, does anyone know where I can find any castlevania midis that have NES quality?

I think the main site has some good ones, though I haven't looked for oldschool nes tracks in awhile.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline adam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »
its really hard to find 8-bit sounds. like ones from simons quest. Daaarn.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 02:27:43 AM »
In Reply To #8

You can rip all of the soundFX from the .NSF of CV1.  You'll have it easiest that way.  Just play the NSF and record.  Then crop out each sound.

BTW, you can use my MIDI files if you'd like... they're at VGMusic.com in all CV sections.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Swede

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 02:09:20 PM »
In Reply To #8

You can rip all of the soundFX from the .NSF of CV1.  You'll have it easiest that way.  Just play the NSF and record.  Then crop out each sound.

Now that's exactly how I did when I was making CV cover-songs in FastTracker 2 (an old DOS-based musicprog) probably 5-6 years ago. Recorded the music/sfx's in JNes to WAV and pulled out the square/triangle/noise samples. Still got the songs too, hit me if you ever want to check them out.

Hi btw, I'm new here. Good to meet you all. :)

Offline buijon

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »
Don't bah gamemaker. Its a very powerful tool, just suffers from not having many talented programmers using it. I'd love to show what I'm working on but its to remain top secret until later on. You'll be amazed at what game maker and some programming can do :P

Offline adam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
Come on... give us a hint.

Offline buijon

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »
All i can say is its a tribute to the old games. We have taken some liberties with it to add things never possible in the games of old, but are confident it will blow cv fans brains out the back of their heads if it ever gets finished. Been working on it for 2 years on and off, just myself and my brother, so theres ALOT of work to be done esp. since i have a day job, a free time job which i want to be my day job, and my brother also works full time. I will say the enemies are at %80 completion, the bosses about %20, the playable characters  have 1 fully functional, 4 others to be made after the rest of the game is set in place. We have been looking for music makers for a while to specific taste, its challenging. Also always looking for 8 bit tile rippers. Its a classic game with new blood :P

Tags: