Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A vision for the Demon Castle War  (Read 8454 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:16:47 AM »
+2
Operation: Akumajo was born in these forums.

Therefore it seems only fitting that I share this here.

Operation: Akumajo --Believe in Redemption
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:52:12 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:47:08 AM »
O__O

dude, that artwork is AWESOME. Good job my friend *high five*

now where is the gameplay

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:33 AM »
Awesome video :). After a year it seems like Operation:Akumajou succeeded in a way, since MS is going to finish it's LoS saga with LoS2. Also shouldn't it say Count Dracula instead of Lord? It just rings better.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »
Yeah, that artwork is awesome!!! Great video.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: One year ago today...
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »
Nice video.  If this is means that you guys actually made a game for the Demon Castle War, then I want to see it when it's done.  I don't know if I'd ever play it, but I'd love to see a play through on youtube.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:25:17 AM »
Like the vid! And the art style, while reminiscent of Aymai Kojima, it isn't saturated or goes overboard with prettyboys. Julius Belmont looks like a proper dude! Good choice. But I think it should show more of the main characters who participated in the 1999 battle as they too are essential to the story.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »
Greak work there, maybe we'll see the 1999 game just yet.

Do you have a planned release date? I'd be a real treat if this game came out on the 10 year anniversary of Aria of Sorrow.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »
Yeah I'm impressed. I kinda glanced at the art on Facebook but this is the first time I really look at it and it looks wonderful. Nice work to you and the artist. :)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 11:49:41 AM »
Really great artwork, makes me want the 1999 game even more now.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Nice video.  If this is means that you guys actually made a game for the Demon Castle War, then I want to see it when it's done.  I don't know if I'd ever play it, but I'd love to see a play through on youtube.
Greak work there, maybe we'll see the 1999 game just yet.

Do you have a planned release date? I'd be a real treat if this game came out on the 10 year anniversary of Aria of Sorrow.

Quote from Operation Akumajo:

To be perfectly clear, we are not developing an actual video game. What we are doing is creating brand new characters, writing a scenario, and offering gameplay ideas. To help us, we have a brilliant lead artist who is working tirelessly to bring these ideas to life. This artist has respectfully requested to remain anonymous, and so we ask those in-the-know to respect his wishes and keep the focus on our mission.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
I dig it. Just pitch this to Konami as an XBLA/PSN game and hope they bite.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
A BOX OF CHOCOLATES

A SYSTEM OF A DOWN

A FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS

The art is nice, but it's hard to get excited for what's basically just spitballing.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »
I'm not too keen on the "Redemption" name and tagline.  Unless the theme of redemption plays a role in the story (similar to Red Dead Redemption) seems like it was just tacked because it sounded cool.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
I'm not too keen on the "Redemption" name and tagline.  Unless the theme of redemption plays a role in the story (similar to Red Dead Redemption) seems like it was just tacked because it sounded cool.

I have to agree. There's no way that Dracula will be redeemed on his own. He's too far influenced to even think about such things. The only way Dracula never rises as Dracula after 1999 is by force from the Hakuba shrine priests who preform the sealing ceremony.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
I have to agree. There's no way that Dracula will be redeemed on his own. He's too far influenced to even think about such things. The only way Dracula never rises as Dracula after 1999 is by force from the Hakuba shrine priests who preform the sealing ceremony.

But.......I thought the "redemption" part was towards the Belmonts after their horrible ordeal with the controlled Richter by the forces of Darkness and having to pass their whip on to someone else.

I think it would make more sense if the redemption part was towards that.

Maybe they are finally "redeemed" after Julius puts a end to Dracula for good?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything