Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:56:43 AM »
+1
So a DuckTales remake is announced and all of Internetland goes bonkers; a similar remake for Castle of Illusion with the involvement of the original game's director and music by Grant Kirkhope is announced, and nobody says a peep. I just found out about it.

http://kotaku.com/beloved-mickey-mouse-game-castle-of-illusion-getting-ps-472986770

(Granted, DuckTales is one of the finest games ever made so the reaction is warranted, but it feels like this one was swept under the rug.)

I only just started playing the Genesis game a few months ago (though I remember playing it as a kid at daycare) and it's pretty fun. Definitely intrigued by a remake where there's a lot of potential to improve upon the formula.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:40:22 AM »
I've dreamt about this, and now it is reality. I'm beginning to think I have some sort of superpowers.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »
+2
I've dreamt about this, and now it is reality. I'm beginning to think I have some sort of superpowers.
Quick, dream of Capcom finally getting enough sense back to uncancel Megaman Legends 3!
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 09:01:29 AM »
+1
Interesting.  I love the art design of the original, especially in the forest area.  I've never gotten terribly far in it though.  I don't think I've made it past the toy area.  Hopefully this remake will remain faithful in the gameplay department.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
+1
I'm hoping Mickey still has his "springy" walk.

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion aped the gameplay basics pretty well, so I'd imagine somebody at Disney wants those controls to remain.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »
Is CoI the one with Mickey and Donald as magicians whooping ass with magical capes?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »
+1
I believe that's one of the sequels. Castle of Illusion just has Mickey.

Eventually I wanna play though all the Illusion and Magical Quest games. I certainly would have enjoyed those more as a kid than Mickey Mousecapade...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »
+1
Is CoI the one with Mickey and Donald as magicians whooping ass with magical capes?
Castle of Illusion is the first of the Illusion series, I believe. It's just the basic "save Minnie" game featuring Mickey as the main hero and some evil witch named Mizrabel as the villain. It's considered to be a classic on the Genesis and many have fond memories of it(inlcuding myself):

Mega Drive Longplay [047] Castle of Illusion

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:21 AM »
+1
I really love that game and i hope for more than just graphics update.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 09:39:56 AM »
+1
Mouse HD
House MD

omg

I played World of Illusion at a childhood friend who had a MegaDrive. I've been meaning to play the Master System version of Castle of Illusion. I didn't know there were even more "Illusion" games.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
+1
One of my favorite platformers of all time and the reason I got a Mega Drive in early 1991. It was the first time I was completely blown away by graphics in a video game. I had never quite seen anything like it. Heck, the game still looks pretty good. I'll be keeping an eye on this remake. I was pretty disappointed with Power of Illusion though. Dunno. It just felt slightly... boring.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:24 PM »
Now Im waiting for Magical Quest 1 and 3. I loved to use Donald with a magical lamp, I used it to carry my friend, since a magical hand comes out from it. Sometimes I even dropped him in pits lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
Heard about it a couple weeks ago, saw the trailer for it, brushed it aside and played my copy of CoI on my Genesis instead.

Still no video of the gameplay though, so we'll have to wait and see, but I don't really care for HD remakes.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
One of my favourite games when it comes to not Castlevania, 2D retro games.
I'm glad to know this!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 04:39:01 AM »
SO WHO'S GETTING IT TOMORROW
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything