Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RIP Guilty Gear...  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: September 19, 2007, 05:39:41 PM »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: RIP Guilty Gear...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »
Wow i didn't know that there was game play footage for this yet...its going to be awesome. If your implying that this si the end of the Guilty Gear as we know it....you know your wrong. They (i want to say Sammy but im not sure) just want to test out a new direction. Besides, its not like the series creator is having no part in this, hes making it.

only 2 things bother me about the game. 1)Will the entire game be like that...as in capture the bases in similar ball-stick maps. 2)needs more metal.

Who knows, if this gets over well we might see our GGX3 yet....and another overture.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
In Reply To #2

The fact that it looks like a toned-down Dynasty Warriors is what worries me...this isn't Guilty Gear.  This is Guilty Gear as much as George Washington is a Communist.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »
In Reply To #3

GG has had a few dalliances with other types of game. Dunno if you played Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers on the DS, but it was almost a Smash Bros. ripoff but nowhere near as fun.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
In Reply To #4

Yeah, that is true. BUT, there are calling this Guilty Gear 2, as in, the first real sequel in the series in ages.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »
Quote from: DoctaMario
Dunno if you played Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers on the DS, but it was almost a Smash Bros. ripoff but nowhere near as fun.

I heard that game was terrible.. but I've been meaning to try out the gg game for psp "Guilty Gear Judgment". It's more like a side scroller beat-em-up from what I've seen.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »
In Reply To #6

I actually have it, but it's not exactly the best game in the world. Shoulda saved my money...

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »
What they won't do is earn some easy money!!!
*SLAMS THE DOOR CLOSED*

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
Wow, I was thinking about a street fighter like that, but of course much better made.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »
They really, REALLY need to streamline that HUD.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »
In Reply To #9
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom does something similar at one point in the future.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »
In Reply To #11

Eh. They already have Sengoku Basara/Devil Kings.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 11:37:15 AM »
I'm sure GG won't stay this way forever. They know they'll be losing a lot of fans if they do that.

Besides, all you really need is Guilty Gear X2. It's got all the characters (except ABA and now Order Sol, no big deal though)and all the terrible voice acting you'll ever need!

"You're such a boy scout"!

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
remember, there's a difference between poor voice acting and poor writing. Sadly, that line had both.

Also, you know they will not abandon the 2d fighter.  They are the only other diving force (SNK/playmore being the other) out there...why would they drop that. I rather them take a break and do something else with the franchise than let it get stuck in a rut.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Tags: