Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A whole bunch of Resurrection screenshots.  (Read 6328 times)

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
A whole bunch of Resurrection screenshots.
« on: December 26, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/10/castlevania-resurrection-dc-cancelled/

You guys have probably already seen all these before, but I guess I thought I'd give you the link anyway. Just to make sure.  :P

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A whole bunch of Resurrection screenshots.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 10:57:34 PM »
I remember most of those screens, however a long time ago there were some other screens of this game that I can no-longer find anywhere on the web  :'(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:23 AM »
Thanks for the link! The article on the Castlevania64 beta is also interesting. Too bad Resurrection never got released, it looks fun.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
This looks horrible, thank god it wasn't released

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »
This looks horrible, thank god it wasn't released

By today's standards, yes. I remember seeing screenshots in gaming magazines when the game was announced and thought it was the best graphics ever zomg.

It's a pity it was never released, then we could have known if it was actually garbage from a first-hand account. Though with CV's 3D track record, it probably wouldn't have upped the ante any from CV64 or LoD because that seemed to be in a period where CV would occasionally try something new, then stick with that formula for a while.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »
From what I read about Resurrection it was to be like CV64/LoD except more focused on stage-by-stage action and a lot less exploration and puzzle-solving. It would have been nice to give this game a go-through just to see what it could deliver. The graphics are clearly further ahead then those of CV64/LoD. And even if they're still somewhat block-ish the game makes the most out of them. The N64 titles were basic yet they manage to pull off a wondrous and immersive atmosphere. And from the looks of the screens Resurrection (I feel) would have done even better.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »
By today's standards, yes. I remember seeing screenshots in gaming magazines when the game was announced and thought it was the best graphics ever zomg.

It's a pity it was never released, then we could have known if it was actually garbage from a first-hand account. Though with CV's 3D track record, it probably wouldn't have upped the ante any from CV64 or LoD because that seemed to be in a period where CV would occasionally try something new, then stick with that formula for a while.

Putting yourself in that mindset is gonna be something that eludes future generations I fear. I remember thinking the people in GTA: Vice City looked so realistic back in the day. Then I popped it in a few years ago and it was just like "Gah, when did everyone get a box for a head in this game?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:59:04 AM by Ratty »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »

i wasn't really speaking about the graphics side, just everything about this game looked so wrong. The character design is totally uninspired boring and extremely lazy, the generic techno music, and what about that frankenstein's bride inspired "lady dracula" or whatever she was supposed to be. everything looked cheesy and ugly in the worst possible way.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
+1
said the guy with the bondage anime girl avatar.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »
Didnt some magazines received demos of the game? I wonder WHY no one has ever uploaded one at this date. There should be even a XX% build out there (like the Toe Jam & Earl 3 on DC found or even Half Life).
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 12:31:36 AM »
That's...a really good question. Maybe Konami doesn't want the demos released onto the internet for reasons unknown to us. Maybe they'll find out from the hype it could generate that they have a rare gem in their vault, and how foolish they were to squander it at the time and even now. It may even outdo LoS in terms of a more traditional Castlevania experience. This is all hypothetical mind you. But it would be quite the shocker. I don't see why we can't have access to the demos. Obviously Konami has no interest in pursuing Resurrection's development. Especially now that the Dreamcast is considered an obsolete system with regards to the XBONE :P and PS4.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 02:37:24 AM »
said the guy with the bondage anime girl avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2890smQsl_4

3.30. also a few seconds earlier for some castlevania reference maybe

^^^^

oh and "said the guy with the chibi sexy anime girls sign" btw

/>offtopic

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:43:12 AM by whipsmemory »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
Resurrection's composer seemed legit shocked that any of the music was released when I uploaded Another Vampire Killer on youtube. I'm going to guess Konami kept whatever was finished under tight wrap when it was cancelled. I guess maybe at one point they thought they could release it on the PS2?

Regardless that interview Kurt-kun did with the artist a billion years ago illuminated what kind of game it was going to be. And...it didn't sound very good. It was a linear hack-and-slash. Like Curse or Lament, really.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »
i may or may not have the beta demo locked away in my closet along with all the other sacred artifacts that i have gathered pertaining to akumajo dracula over the course of several decades... what will it take for me to dig thru it all & dump it on the internet? leaked nudes from several members of the dungeon? original script from the proposed CV play? who knows?

Tags:

anything