Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Newer PSP with more memory and better screen?  (Read 7044 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Newer PSP with more memory and better screen?
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »
So I mentioned to a friend that I'll be getting a PSP Slim & Lite, and he said to hold off a little longer for some NEWER ones with brighter screens and I think he said more internal memory. But I can't find any info about this supposed upgrade, and the memory on the Slim has already been doubled to 64MB, so I think my friend is crazy. Is he?

And does the Slim have a better screen than the old model?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Newer PSP with more memory and better screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »
He also mentioned the newer, upcoming model having a TV output, and I read that the Slim already has that. So he might just be getting confused and thinking that the only difference between the PSP and the Slim is the size and weight.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
The Slim is the newest version, we won't see version 3 till... i'm predicting 2-3 years from now. As for the screen, it's pretty much the same (only slightly brighter).

The overall loading time is faster/better, too.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:59:28 PM »
My friend's crazy then. I didn't know much about the Slim when he told me, but I looked it up and thought, "Wait a minute, this has the expanded memory, the TV output, and it probably has a brighter screen too." So I think those are all the things he mentioned.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
Yeah, PSP slim has a slightly brighter screen and more memory for faster loading, but there's no internal memory.

He might be confusing "internal" memory with the PSP Slim bundle. Retails for $200 and comes with the Daxter Game, Family Guy Frikkin Sweet collection UMD movie, and a 1gb Memory stick. The 1gb memory might have got him.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »
The retail for the slim psp is $160 which is not a bad price at all...

Might be on my list of things to buy. :D

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »
Maybe the old one will go down in price used...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 08:35:17 PM »
but there's no internal memory.

Wouldn't 64MB of RAM be considered internal memory even if not used for game data sotrage and such?

Speaking of which...is all of that 64MB used strictly for performance? I absolutely HAVE to buy a memory stick?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 11:43:56 PM »
In Reply To #8

no if the new one is like the old one that 32meg upgrade to 64meg is actually a memory stick or sdcard or whatever sony calls em. The first one came with a 32meg removable card and you could buy your own like you mention

So I assume the new one has a 64meg one instead.

Steve

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 01:10:17 PM »
The new model doesn't have an improved screen.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
It sounds like your friend is indeed thinking of the Slim.  There has been absolutely zilch information about any PSP upgrades beyond the Slim, in fact until about 2-3 months ago the Slim itself seemed to be just a rumor.

Tags: