Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Snaking is Still Around  (Read 3410 times)

Killerwhip

Snaking is Still Around
« on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »
Yep, despite Nintendo's efforts, it is possible to snake in Mario Kart Wii.
I found it out a week ago when I was doing time trials.
I can snake in Mario Kart Wii and in DS, but I never do it.  Unless I'm playing a snaker.
Pretty much, all you have to do is make turns while drifting on straightways.
I'm sorta pissed off about it.  Nintendo wanted snaking to be done with, and yet people will still do it anyways.  So basically it means that people who play the game it was meant to be played get screwed because others take advantage of mini-turbos by using them where they aren't supposed to.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
It's pretty much useless in Wii now. Wheelies are more useful now.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »
In Reply To #2

Yeah wheelies in the straightaways are easier to do and kinda more fun.

Strategic use of them such that you don't get caught doing 'em too late (and slam into the turn's wall) balance it out, at least a little bit.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
I love snaking....probably cause I'm good at it. We used to play for cash at my work when the DS game came out...we stopped playing cause no one else was winning...they were happy...my wallet was sad...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Snaking is Still Around
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »
In Reply To #1

Maybe you should just freakin do it, too and stop complaining about it. :P

It isn't a cheating maneuver, because it isn't that easy to pull off anyway, and the speed boost is small compared to the momentum you lose instead of going straight.

Srsly, this is a pretty lame thing to complain about, and there isn't much Nintendo can do about it anyway, since the ability to drift is always there so long as you're on the road.

The rule of Kart is almost always: if you CAN drift, then DO it.

But like others said, popping wheelies is more fun anyway, and I think the bikes kinda leave the kart driving feeling stale by comparison.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »
In Reply To #3

Yeah I also hate when people bump into me while I'm popping one. :( I need to learn to look behind me more, but I use the nunchuck and mote setup and the lookback button is kinda in an awkward place, being on the "Z."

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »
In Reply To #1

Im ok with snaking. I just hate the super-snake thing in mk-ds where you are able to snake through all terrain as though you had a shroom boost. Basically a shroom boost that lasts the whole race. I can't do it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Tags: