Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Splatterhouse for Switch  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:15 AM »
Sure some Splatterhouse fans are on here. Splatterhouse 1 is coming exclusively to the Switch in the new Namco Museum. As if there wasn't reason enough already to get the system...
On a side note the XB360/PS3 remake was fucking fantastic as well- equally parody and homage

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »
I'm not gonna get the switch. Too much money for nintendo to keep giving me underpowered hardware to play their exclusives at 1080p60fps.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 02:12:15 AM »
That's pretty awesome. The Japanese Virtual Console got the arcade game, which I nefariously installed to my Wii, but I'll be glad to buy a release of the game, particularly if they handle the video quality well; the arcade game included on the remake was kinda balls, with really bad pixel rendering.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
Sure some Splatterhouse fans are on here. Splatterhouse 1 is coming exclusively to the Switch in the new Namco Museum. As if there wasn't reason enough already to get the system...
On a side note the XB360/PS3 remake was fucking fantastic as well- equally parody and homage

Is that the NA version? I don't see it in the PAL one.

I agree there's a lot going for the Switch Atm. I was not going to fork my cash out for it, but after being gifted one with Zelda, I realise it's a lot better than I'd anticipated.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
+1
Even if the PAL version doesn't have it the Switch is region free (for once in a Nintendo system)

I want the system but just don't have the funds atm lol. It's not for everyone (a handheld first and foremost, despite some marketing) but I don't understand the power argument. For a handheld is wicked powerful

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:30:49 AM »

Love the remake. I wished the gaming press didn't crap on it like they did...it was fun, and not nearly as bad as it was made out to be.

If I ever get a Switch, I'll have to pick the first one up. I still want to wait and see if the system is going to appeal to me, though.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
Right, JR? The complaints they had like framerate drops at parts were fair but they were too harsh. A 4 from IGN and Gamespot? If slick graphics, fun gameplay, plenty of skills, pictures to find, original trilogy included and great writing with fantastic performances equals a 4, then IGN needs to give all AAA games a 4 lol

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
Is there a physical release of this compilation in any region? That's what I was hoping for; $30 for a download—and essentially only for Splatterhouse—is a hefty price. I was creaming my jeans at the thought of owning a retail copy of this arcade game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
No, digital only. Sucks cus I thought there'd be a physical release. I agree $30 is a shit ton of money for a digital arcade compilation, as good as the games are.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
I mean, I've bought all those Metal Slug games on Switch for $7 or 8 a pop, but literally the only game in this Namco comp. that I care for is Splatterhouse, and $30 for that doesn't sit well with me. Gonna have to wait for a sale somewhere down the road; I've played the game enough times anyway, I just don't "own" a copy that's any good (since the version within the remake is poorly emulated).

That remake is balls-rockingly awesome, by the way. Gotta go finish it, 'cos I was having a lot of fun. Parts of it felt to me like what a proper remaster of MadWorld could feel like with a standard controller. That waggle shit gets old fast.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:05:20 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 04:57:22 AM »
This needs to be a physical release. $30 is exorbitant.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 12:39:48 AM »
Wow, it's the first arcade emulated at home version of Rolling Thunder 2, though the Genesis version outclasses it with more content. But hey, having both Rolling Thunders is pretty sweet (3rd game is Genesis only, no arcade release), though I don't plan on getting a Switch, but about time Namco kind of comes out a little with RT2, but shame they didn't include Legend of Valkyrie, Return of Ishtar, Rompers, and Genpei Toumaden, as well as Mappy and Hopping Mappy (which Namco did put on the original Wii VC, but kept it Japan only).

Hell even this gem:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:29:42 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »
That remake is balls-rockingly awesome, by the way. Gotta go finish it, 'cos I was having a lot of fun. Parts of it felt to me like what a proper remaster of MadWorld could feel like with a standard controller. That waggle shit gets old fast.

Yes the game was fucking awesome! There is a lot of cheap bullshit in the final stretch but it didn't kill the game. Some of the best voice work I've heard in a game too. I can see the MW comparison- still need to play that game.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
Hell even this gem:

I know this one from Namco x Capcom.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 04:22:35 AM »
Well, I caved in and bought the compilation. Hadda have me dat Splatterhouse goodness.

Thankfully there's a pretty wide range of display options. I managed to get it to fill my TV (in 4:3) without losing any pixels vertically. There's no option for a black border/background, but the gray one works almost just as well. Good port of the game, MUCH better than the hack job emulation included with the reboot. Just glad to have a quality licensed copy of the game (since the Virtual Console release was Japan-only and I had to take nefarious measures to get it).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: