Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: GBA on GBA player  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
GBA on GBA player
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »
Just got one and it feels wierd to play the games on it. It seems a lot more fun. I played some Harmony of Dissonance and Tales of Phantasia. The games feel a lot more...epic. Even ReGaiden.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:01 AM »
It's one of those reasons I still have my Gamecube.
Playing CotM on it is a blast, as is Golden Sun, Aria of Sorrow, and Mario Kart: Super Circuit, and some others as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: GBA on GBA player
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
and for those of you without a GBA player you can always emulate at full screen size.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
In Reply To #3

Yeah but it's not the same...

From a person who's got two PC's connected to a big HDTV, it just feels... more right... on a GBPlayer.  It's weird, but something about the pixels not being perfect boxes, that somehow authenticates the whole thing a bit.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »
I recently sold my GC and GBA player on eBay to get money for Castlevania soundtracks.  :D
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »
In Reply To #5

We call that sort of thing a "good trade".

:)

Well, I mean if you have a Wii anyway, guess you don't need the GC anymore.

Which soundtracks did you get?

I agree, Jorge, something about playing console games on PC bugs me. Just doesn't feel the same.

So how do the games look on that player? I might have to get one if it looks decent.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »
In Reply To #6

They're a little bit blurry, even on the 'sharp' setting.  But yeah usually games which had a problem on the GBA look better, such as the darkness of CotM on a regular player practically disappearing as a problem on the GBplayer, and in constrast, the uber-brightness of HoD being toned down on the GBPlayer.

It's weird, but it works.  Also games like Mario Kart let you use the Analog Stick as a controller so it feels a little smoother (technically all the games let you do that but joystick isn't for me, for platformers).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »
I recently sold my GC and GBA player on eBay to get money for Castlevania soundtracks.  :D

Why Kurt has all the music on the main site?
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
In Reply To #8

Some people like their music lossless :P

Also, support the game musicians out there when you can. I mean buying the game in the first place helps, but if you really want game music to get the credit it deserves then buy the cds.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
Which soundtracks did you get?

Well, I didn't buy them yet, cause PayPal didn't finish processing the money into my bank account, but when it does I'll be buying SotN, DXC, PoR and CoD. Oh yeah, and I'll also want to get the PoR pre-order bonus items, which means another soundtrack is included with that too.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »
In Reply To #10

Those're all excellent choices.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 07:29:20 AM »
In Reply To #11

Thanks, but it turns out I changed my mind. I instead bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280225738625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

I actually had those CV soundtracks burned onto blank CD's, amd I could have done the same with these Zelda Soundtracks, but nothing compares to owning the official CD. Cause they often good artwork, and I can be certain it will play properly without having to worry about a problematic mp3.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
In Reply To #12

Umm those're likely bootlegs... just to let you know

:│

On second thought, they definitely are: I just saw "SM's" logo on the provided picture. Stands for Sonmay, one of the most popular soundtrack bootleggers.

Yeah, if you want the real thing, DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY. That is rule number one. Maybe Amazon.com, and even then, don't buy from the outside sellers, just the site itself.

But that "Mario Zelda Big Band Live" is fantastic arranges of Nintendo music. I only have MP3s of it, but they are very good reimaginings.

I hope to get that cd myself someday, and hopefully it'll be a legit copy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 12:16:29 PM by A N T R A X X »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »
In Reply To #13

Yeah, I take big risks like that all the time, knowing I may end up just wasting money. But I've never had a problem in the past. Just to be sure, I checked the seller's feedback first and saw no problems mentioning bootlegs from people who bought the same soundtracks. But then again, is it obvious when you have a bootleg? Is it possible that these people didn't realize they had a bootleg because it looks real and plays properly? If that's true, then I don't think I really care.

Where do you see the SM's? I only noticed them on the Majora's Mask Soundtrack and the OoT Rearranged album.

Wow, it turns out I have bootlegged Death Note soundtracks. They all have little "KO-(StockNumber)" on them, which means that they were made by K-O records, a bootlegging company. Oh well, I don't care, they look and sound real, so I'm good.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:22:52 PM by CVfan13 »

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
In Reply To #14

I think sometimes even the SELLER doesn't know he has bootlegs. Especially if the seller is outside of Asia.

It's a big problem, and I don't understand how, why it's allowed.

eBay is NOT the place to get legit soundtracks, though.

One thing that shoulda gave that set away was the price. Game soundtracks often go for $25-$40 a pop (due to extra import charges); much more expensive than an average mainstream CD. When you see 9 CDs for the price of one, it cannot be a good thing.

If it looks to good to be true on eBay, it is.

Still even bootlegs go about $9 a piece. So you're still getting some sort of deal, I guess....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:37:53 PM by A N T R A X X »

Tags: