Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: GBA on GBA player  (Read 8306 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »
In Reply To #15

Yeah, It doesn't really matter me. I just want to save money and get a cool CD, even if it isn't actually the real thing  ;D
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »
The real thing is better, however, since oftentimes bootlegs of video game and anime soundtracks actually sound worse, and the printing quality on the artwork isn't as good. Plus, they're freagin' bootlegs, so you should feel like a dirty sonovabitch for owning them. :o

I suggest buying soundtracks from Otaku.com from now on. Their shipping fees are up there, but they're fast, reliable, and totally legit. Seriously, if you're just going to buy piss-poor bootlegs, you might as well steal the music from a P2P or torrent and save yourself the money.

To be on topic... I borrowed a GBA Player once. It rocked my face. Kind of wish I had one. But then, I don't own a GameCube (my brother does), since I use my Wii now for GCN gaming, so it'd be worthless.

Oh well. I love my GBA SP+ anyway. LOVE that freagin' backlight (not sidelight like with the original SPs). Really looks gorgeous. Best way to display a GBA game, honest. Not even the DS Lite makes GBA games look as good, considering the games don't fill up the whole screen since they're of a lower resolution.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: GBA on GBA player
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »
In Reply To #17

Nah bootlegs today don't sound any worse than the real thing. They are copied from the original CD afterall. So, so long as there are no skipping errors, it's the same.

But the print quality is lame and yeah you don't feel very good about owning one.

Then again, there are few here who can afford every official release or ost, especially when we considered we already bought the game :P Also several of the older originals are out of print anyways, so sometimes you just don't have a choice.

I can't even find a bootleg of YS 4 Perfect Collection. I wouldn't mind even having a fake at this point @_@

On a different note, I've always wanted one of those GBA SP+, else how can I play my original GB games again? I miss Warioland 3 especially ... :(

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »
In Reply To #18

Well, I find the print quality on my bootlegged CD's to be just fine. The only difference is the KO stock numbers. Unless I'm mistaken. K-O Records is a bootleg componay, isn't it?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
In Reply To #18

Well, I find the print quality on my bootlegged CD's to be just fine. The only difference is the KO stock numbers. Unless I'm mistaken. K-O Records is a bootleg componay, isn't it?

Yeah K-Os one of the big ones. If you can't tell, more power to you, but on average, I could print about the same quality off with my own printer. If you were to put the original side by side with it, I think you would see.

For instance, my Sonic Adventure ost turned out to be bootleg, and it was missing an entire page in the lyrics section. Another page was misaligned and text was cut off. And that release was from Ever Anime, another big bootlegger.

Also my CV 64 ost has an entirely different cover and back from the legit one.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 03:47:54 PM »
In Reply To #20

I thought so. And I guess I'm just used to my crap printer. And that's too bad about your Sonic Adventure OST. And wait, when did that game ever have a song with lyrics? Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Sonic Advanced...

How is the CV64 OST?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »
In Reply To #21

Sonic Adventure is where they started introducing faux rock song character themes. They're hit and miss (miss for most), but I've grown to like em. Especially any Super Sonic theme.

CV 64 has a vrey dark, moody soundtrack, taking inspiration from movie soundtracks. It really fit the visuals of that game well, even if the soundtrack is kinda too ambient as far as Castlevania music goes.

It's damn good stuff and a very unique set of CV tunes. The ost release sports some very nice arranges too.

Unfortunately, it released too early to include the new songs that would be included in Legacy of Darkness; so no Sinking Old Sanctuary :(

Oh well, thank goodness for sound files.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
In Reply To #22

Oh, yeah, I was thinking of the GBA Sonic games, the only ones I ever had.   :)

Yeah, I heard that many people dislike CV64's soundtrack, but like all CV soundtracks, including Harmony, it must be at least somewhat likeable.

Oh yeah, that's right. I haven't gotten around to playing Legacy which I bought a few monthes ago, so I wouldn't know much about it's music, but as soon as I buy a controller pack, I will. Sinking Old Sancuary is a good track, which I never liked the first time I heard it in CotM, but now I've actually grown to love it.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
Plus, they're freagin' bootlegs, so you should feel like a dirty sonovabitch for owning them. :o

Why? music is music, personally I think the whole copyright thing regarding game soundtracks is bs. I pay 60 dollars for the game they should give me the soundtrack for free for buying the game at a price 400% higher than it's actually worth. Hell they should just start making the games with a built in option to just listen to the music or allow you to rip it and put it on a digital media. They make so much money on the games, I don't get paying out the wazzoo just for the music. I mean nintendo/Sony/konami etc. make all there money selling games, forcing people to buy soundtracks and spend uber cash on music they already own on cartridge or disc media is wrong in my opinion.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »
In Reply To #24

Yeah, you're right. Actually, they should just include the soundtracks with the game. Of course then they would just charge us more. And what is with this 'only releasing game soundtracks in Japan'? It's as if they think no one in America cares about good music.

Tags: