Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metal Gear help  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:06:11 PM »
Hello all! I have a dire need of some help with metal gear solid 2. Now while I'm not the best at stealth games, I can say that I'm not necessarily the worst either. I have recently gotten into the metal gear solid series and while I love the story, I have been hitting some pretty hard stops while playing metal gear solid 2. I played through the first game and yeah I died quite a bit in it but nowhere as much as this one. This one it's like the guards can see me from 3 miles away and yes I'm playing on normal. So can anyone here help me and possibly give some tips to this? I'm still enjoying the game when things do go smoothly and I'm not get spotted from guards I can't even see due to my radar not having the upload for the area, or not being able to see enough of the area and being spotted by a guard off screen.
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:25:20 PM »
I'll try to help as best as I can, since I've played MGS2 more times than I can count.

The only tip I can give you for now is use your first-person view to survey the environment and see things out of your regular line of sight. Press up against walls and use corner-look as much as possible to get a good idea of where any enemies are, and keep an eye out for any and all hiding places. Find enemies, learn their patrol routes. Keep an eye out for what enemies have radios. Try to find the node as soon as possible so you can get linked up and get your radar online.

If you got the thermal goggles, looking out for enemies is a lot easier. It's been a while since I've played, but if you don't have the thermal goggles, I believe they're in the pool of water you start out beside right at the beginning of Raiden's part.

Can't really give much more help than that without knowing where you are.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
Thank you so much! I did find the thermal goggles and upgraded my grip to level 3 at the beginning of the game by doing pull ups for like 10 minutes. I've been watching a blind let's play of someone else doing this game and it does make me feel better to see I'm not the only one struggling with this game. I think my big issue is that I'm trying to get through without being seen at all however it's still my first run through so that's gonna be next to impossible. I'm gonna have to learn to be more patient with this and learn to run away and hide instead of just saying "screw it" and letting the guards kill me when I'm spotted. Also, is it possible to kill guards in the vicinity without alerting other guards? I saw someone shooting other guards in the pump a room and them not being alerted what so ever and was shocked. I'm currently defusing bombs that Fatman left behind btw.
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Tags: