Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Wii Fit
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »
Awesome. And exhausting.

*collapses*

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
In Reply To #1

Can you tell us more. I am actually interested in this. I don't have $90 to blow right now, but someday I might get this.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
I've only played 15 minutes of it, and I am not in the greatest shape at all, really, so I did break a sweat.

Hula Hoop is my favorite activity, followed by Rhythmic stepping. Aerobics is my focus, since I'd like to get my heart a little healthier and trim down. Hula Hooping requires endurance as well as balance, and stepping is like DDR with directions and two buttons.

Haven't tried Yoga or Strength yet. The Balance games are pretty hard.

The board itself is amazing. Very sensitive surface, can detect the slightest change in balance. And the analysis they give you when you first start up is pretty nice, too. Well, cept for the parts where they say "Oh look you're not doing so hot with your BMI" if you're not in good shape.

All in all I'd say this is gonna do quite a bit to help heartrate and muscle training. You can feel the burn after just a couple exercises.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:35:16 PM by Clara E. Leet »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
In Reply To #1

Can you tell us more. I am actually interested in this. I don't have $90 to blow right now, but someday I might get this.

Save money. Go outside. Same results.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
In Reply To #4

hah. yeah. not gunna lie... everyone older than 16 is better off going to the gym, running, or hitting real weights. plain and simple. My cousin bought the pack and it feels like it would be good for a beginning in training though, with getting started on simple athletic stuff or just to have fun... nothing more.

not trying to belittle the thing and I'm trying to avoid sounding so brash. but I'd rather see kids outside mountain biking in nice weather, for a couple of hours, instead of being cooped up. 

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 05:46:38 AM »
I'm pirating Wii Fit.  In other words, I'm just exercising outside...

edit: wow, did my post stop Hardcore Gaming 101 dead or something?  If it did...sorry?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:11:19 AM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »
Well you all can diss the game all you want, but I'm finding it a great motivator. I've never been this eager to work out, and I'm doing it until my whole body aches and more than a little sweat is on my body.

And I've lost 1.5 pounds so far :D And the exercises are really fun, too.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »
Quote from: Clara E. Leet
And I've lost 1.5 pounds so far :D And the exercises are really fun, too.

Congrats, keep it up. You'll be pulling RVs with your teeth, on national television, in no time
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:26:26 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »
In Reply To #5

Anyone using this as their sole means of exercise probably has no interest in those things though. But if they happen to get into shape then maybe they'll feel more comfortable doing outside activities. I know I friggen hate running with people watching me. I always feel like im going too slow so I speed up and end up feeling tired sooner.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Tags: