Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes!!  (Read 4949 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes!!
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
http://cheats.ign.com/objects/142/14255578.html

I take that Capcom isn't done with the vs series.  Seems like the new versus games involves Tatsunoko characters like Ken from Gatchaman and Cesshern.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
In Reply To #1

Bright colors...insane huge super moves...crossover with random anime characters?

I approve. I approve a lot.

Also...I hope Casshern has an alternate costume from his live action movie (Which I kinda hated btw, but he looked cool).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:00:50 PM by Miguelito »
:)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
Most of those Tatsunoko characters are lame, but the game itself looks cool!

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
Most of those Tatsunoko characters are lame, but the game itself looks cool!

Gatchaman/G-force/Battle of the planets/Eagle Rider Ken, Cesshern, and Tekkaman/Technoman lame?  ;D

Each their own.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
In Reply To #4

I hears Speed Racer is a playable character in this game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
In Reply To #5

:o

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
If speed racer is a character in this game, I hope we get evangelion, macross, and hell, samurai pizza cats since those shows are from tatsunoko as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »
In Reply To #7

I hear tell Macross characters are available (stupid Robotech rename/butchering), and I'd LOVE to play as Samurai Pizza Cats but I dunno if they'll make it.

Who do you call when you want some Pepperoni?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
Ugh, this looks horrible. Sorry capcom, Cross fighting is  just an old idea now.
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »
In Reply To #7

I hear tell Macross characters are available (stupid Robotech rename/butchering), and I'd LOVE to play as Samurai Pizza Cats but I dunno if they'll make it.

Who do you call when you want some Pepperoni?

If macross characters are in the game then we would probably not see this appear in the US unless they either remove the Macross characters or use the butchered american names.

I am not sure how licensing is in regards to the across property, but I know it is difficult because Harmony Gold, the company who brought Macross here as Robotech, thinks they own the macross property despite big west, the japanese company, actually owns it.

Ever since Big West tried to sell the Macross Plus figures domestically to the USA, there has been legal battles betwen ownership of macross whereas bigwest won.  Despite this, Harmony gold forbides any Macross products to be released in the US w/o their permission.

The only import macross figures that are released domestically is because of the approval of Harmony gold despite losing in court.

Since Macross and Robotechs are competitors, that is why no macross anime after plus came out to our shores (macross 7, macross zero, and the current Macross Froniter) and the recent Robotech movie is completely new.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53:45 PM »
In Reply To #9

I suggest you leave this thread and wait for Street Fighter IV.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:11:55 PM »
I'm holding off excitement on this until it's announced for a system which I own.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »
In Reply To #11
Speaking of SFIV.. I'm kinda disappointed from what I've seen thus far. Looks more like a Street Fighter II remake then an actual sequel, but whatever. I'm still gonna buy it.

In Reply to #12
It'll most likely be for both 360 & ps3.

I wonder why Capcom doesn't challenge the Guilty Gear series..  ::)

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »
In Reply To #13

As a hardcore Capcom fighting game fan..(Hell, fighting game fan in general) I am also disappointed by what I have seen so far of SFIV. Plus..it takes place before Street Fighter III..even though it is called Street Fighter 4, and it has all those returning characters. So yes, I agree. Its just Street Fighter II with cel shading.

As for Capcom challenging Guilty Gear.. I remember hearing about "Sammy Vs Capcom" many years ago, but I guess that idea went to Hell. But yes..imagine brand new high resolution Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and Star Gladiator characters facing off against Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and whatever else Sammy made.

Tags:

anything