Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Steam deck  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: July 22, 2021, 10:46:10 AM »
I reserved the 512 GB model yesterday, what about you?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:01:29 PM »
not sure if i wanna wait to buy cause scalpers are probably gonna ruin it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »
I loved the idea but I didnt really feel the design, looks way too big for my taste and, what's worse, an absolute pain to handle.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »
And the battery life is not very good.
I'll stick with a gaming laptop since I only play at home anyway.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 10:26:02 PM »
This is the main problem with portable devices, I find. They are not nearly as adaptable as a PC. With a PC you can get the parts you want or need to make the most of your gaming. That doesn't yet exist with portable devices. The microtech we currently rely on isn't very adaptable to Frankenstein-ing as with traditional PCs. The Steam deck will no-doubt suffer from this as well. Maybe down the road, when portable devices evolve as such, we can rely on them like we do with our current computers. But it will take time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 10:44:19 PM »
I bought Bravely Default 2 for Switch almost a week ago, and then I found out it's coming to steam just a couple of hours ago.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nintendo-exc...eam-next-week/

FML TIMES INFINITY

Tags: