Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055887 times)

Offline TheMeadTree

• Hunter in Training
  • Glie
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1875 on: October 23, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »
I'm seriously stumped. Nothing I try works as I want it to.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1876 on: October 27, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
I'm seriously stumped. Nothing I try works as I want it to.

can you post just the frames themselves? i might have an idea

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheMeadTree

• Hunter in Training
  • Glie
    • Awards
« Reply #1877 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
Edited away.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:28:56 PM by TheMeadTree »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1878 on: October 30, 2017, 04:11:44 PM »
Just a thought, but I think he's probably stuck on the idea that in the base animation he uses only his right hand to throw one item.
And what he probably wants is more frames that clearly depict him throwing with both hands.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1879 on: October 30, 2017, 09:35:30 PM »
i'm giving it a whirl, i just have to wait a few days until my work season is over for the year

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #1880 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:33 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could create a sprite of a Vampire female protagonist character who is clad in black leather?

For example:

The Leather Jacket Lost Boys/Near Dark style Vampire

(click to show/hide)

And course Selene from Underworld:

(click to show/hide)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1881 on: November 02, 2017, 01:41:54 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could create a sprite of a Vampire female protagonist character who is clad in black leather?

How many frames? In what style are you envisioning it? Are you willing to pay for one?

Depending on your answer, I can give it a whirl ;)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1882 on: November 02, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »
How many frames? In what style are you envisioning it? Are you willing to pay for one?

Depending on your answer, I can give it a whirl ;)

Hmmm...

As for Frames, I'm envisioning the idling, walking, running/sprinting, jumping, clinging to edges, wall climbing, blood drinking (rather from the neck or maybe she drink blood from the distance Legacy of Kain style perhaps from a spell or maybe she can drain all the blood of her enemies in the room with a powerful spell), melee attack (from swords to claw attacks), guns firing, vampiric power abilities (like shapeshifting into a cloud of bats, wolf, mist, swarm of rats, and also majority of Dracula's powers and course borrowing a few VtM disciplines like Obtenabration, Thaumaturgy, Necromancy, etc) and of course her own Dracula style "True Form" being a elegantly beautiful or Deity like "Vampire Lord" who is nude (with visible nipples of course) with bat wings and vampiric features that is caked in blood with a red aura around her (well I imagine her looking like a Mesopotamian Goddess as opposed to Dracula's monstrosity). Basically like Alucard's moves pretty much.

As for style I'm envisioning several appearances for her first being her Gothic Punk appearance wearing jeans, a battle leather jacket, ti shirt, sunglasses (at midnight) or basically like a female Andrew Elderitch or Sonya Blue from Nancy Collin's "Sunglasses after Dark" books or basically the typical Tim Bradsheet artwork for Vampire: The Masquerade that was inspired from Severn from Near Dark.

Her Second Appearance is more of the Selene from Underworld and Blade with the "Trenchcoat and Katanas and guns" look which she later 'updates' to.

Well she can also have a optional appearance well borrowing from my earlier "Carmilla" Victorian Ballgown appearance here (both leg slit and non leg slit) which she has rather unique frames for example she can seduce and dance with Dead Nobles before drinking their blood especially the Dead Nobles and Dancing Nobles won't attack or harm you when you wear the ballgown in the Dancehall, Opera House, Ballroom etc areas.

Well if you're asking payment well sadly I have no money myself though but I wonder if you could still do it regardless though.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1883 on: November 02, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »
Hmmm...

As for Frames, I'm envisioning the idling, walking, running/sprinting, jumping, clinging to edges, wall climbing, blood drinking (rather from the neck or maybe she drink blood from the distance Legacy of Kain style perhaps from a spell or maybe she can drain all the blood of her enemies in the room with a powerful spell), melee attack (from swords to claw attacks), guns firing, vampiric power abilities (like shapeshifting into a cloud of bats, wolf, mist, swarm of rats, and also majority of Dracula's powers and course borrowing a few VtM disciplines like Obtenabration, Thaumaturgy, Necromancy, etc) and of course her own Dracula style "True Form" being a elegantly beautiful or Deity like "Vampire Lord" who is nude (with visible nipples of course) with bat wings and vampiric features that is caked in blood with a red aura around her (well I imagine her looking like a Mesopotamian Goddess as opposed to Dracula's monstrosity). Basically like Alucard's moves pretty much.

As for style I'm envisioning several appearances for her first being her Gothic Punk appearance wearing jeans, a battle leather jacket, ti shirt, sunglasses (at midnight) or basically like a female Andrew Elderitch or Sonya Blue from Nancy Collin's "Sunglasses after Dark" books or basically the typical Tim Bradsheet artwork for Vampire: The Masquerade that was inspired from Severn from Near Dark.

Her Second Appearance is more of the Selene from Underworld and Blade with the "Trenchcoat and Katanas and guns" look which she later 'updates' to.

Well she can also have a optional appearance well borrowing from my earlier "Carmilla" Victorian Ballgown appearance here (both leg slit and non leg slit) which she has rather unique frames for example she can seduce and dance with Dead Nobles before drinking their blood especially the Dead Nobles and Dancing Nobles won't attack or harm you when you wear the ballgown in the Dancehall, Opera House, Ballroom etc areas.

Well if you're asking payment well sadly I have no money myself though but I wonder if you could still do it regardless though.
Not to sound rude, but hardly anyone is going to take so much work for free.
Unless they love the idea or have a lot of time on their hands.
Gotta get away

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #1884 on: November 02, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
very rarely have i seen plot work for free

and never for something of such scale

i wish i understood what it was that caused this seemingly massive influx of asking things of artists on the internet and then hemming and hawing when the subject of payment is broached--though thankfully this situation appears far more tame and seemingly civil than some of the open hostility towards the artist i've seen too many times before
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:23:53 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline TheMeadTree

• Hunter in Training
  • Glie
    • Awards
« Reply #1885 on: November 02, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
Not to sound rude, but hardly anyone is going to take so much work for free.
Unless they love the idea or have a lot of time on their hands.

Getting people excited is the best way to get em work for free. Have high standards, post up some sexy screenshots and some teaser videos and some prior examples of your work and people will feel more comfortable dedicating large amounts of time to helping you with your project. Hype them up enough, and they will come to you! Simply posting "sprite this for me" while giving the artist nothing but a list of demands with no frame of reference and no context under which the sprites will be used, man, that's a recipe for disaster!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:46:28 AM by TheMeadTree »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1886 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »
Hmmm...

-snip-

Well, I'm sorry, man. I cannot take this much work for free. To put it in perspective, you're asking for a sprite that would be superior to Alucard in multiple aspects, and he is considered one of the best sprites on the market.

And, if I can give you an advice, your chances of finding someone to take on this workload for free are very, very slim. But it's possible:

Getting people excited is the best way to get em work for free. Have high standards, post up some sexy screenshots and some teaser videos and some prior examples of your work and people will feel more comfortable dedicating large amounts of time to helping you with your project. Simply posting "sprite this for me" while giving the artist nothing but a list of demands with no frame of reference and no context under which the sprites will be used, man, that's a recipe for disaster!

Pretty much this. And even still that would be quite hard. As Dracula9 said and I will reiterate, what you're asking has a unrealistically high scale for no payment, or no promise.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:25:20 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1887 on: November 03, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
@Zydalc: I agree with the rest of the guys here. The sprite work you are asking for deserves payment for the artist. Making sprites are difficult and we already have instances of art stealing.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1888 on: November 04, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »
Lets say if I was paying for this, how much would it cost?

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1889 on: November 04, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »
I think Esco paid a little over 2000 dollars for new Alucard sprite.
I don't know how the amount of sprites needed compares to your sprites, but you're guaranteed to spend at least 3 digit amount of dollars if you want quality work.
So, dunno, could be like anywhere from 5 to 50$ depending on complexity of the animation and how much the spriter values himself.
[I'm saying this from my experience, anyone is free to correct me]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:27:12 PM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

anything