Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My new Streets of Rage music  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:05:30 AM »
Just thought I'd share this here. I am so totally hyped over Streets of Rage getting a sequel that I just had to make my own covers for a few of the songs from the original game. Will try to get them all uploaded over the next few days since for some reason they are taking  forever to get them on Spotify, iTunes, etc...

But for now, here is my rendition of "Moon Beach" from SOR1

Let me know whatcha think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRFDdtBS28
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:15:52 AM »
Right on, could listen to this at the pub. Round 3 was always my favorite level in SoR.
You're making me eager for SoR4. How many years must I play Fighting Force in substitute?
(click to show/hide)

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
LOL. Yeah, Fighting Force couldn't really hold a flame against SOR. But I get watcha mean.

Moon Beach was my favorite , too. Even though I find the gameplay better in SOR2, I generally play SOR1 more mostly due to the fact that I find the music better. But for me, music is one of the more motivating factors in getting me a play a game sometimes, as that can really draw me in. Besides, SOR2 doesn't have that entire stage dedicated to tossing enemies off of an elevator with an ultra long-range Blaze throw! ;)

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »
Moon Beach was my favorite , too.

Love that song. There are also several other tunes from the series that get my groove going. Although I found SoR3 had the weakest soundtrack out of all the games. I think the only tunes I liked out of that game was a song called Boss where you fight those twin women from the first game. And the other one was called Shinobi Reverse, where you fight the three Samurai-dressed Ninjas. Other then that most of the music is somewhat forgettable. Yuzo Koshiro should have composed the music himself rather then rely on the tech that did the work for him.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Love that song. There are also several other tunes from the series that get my groove going. Although I found SoR3 had the weakest soundtrack out of all the games. I think the only tunes I liked out of that game was a song called Boss where you fight those twin women from the first game. And the other one was called Shinobi Reverse, where you fight the three Samurai-dressed Ninjas. Other then that most of the music is somewhat forgettable. Yuzo Koshiro should have composed the music himself rather then rely on the tech that did the work for him.

Yeah, I don't quite get why he (or anyone else) would want a computer to structure your music, especially when you consider how versatile of a composer he is for being able to do such distinct styles (as when comparing Act Raiser to Streets of Rage 1)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 09:20:08 AM »
He composed Act Raizer?? Neat.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »
He composed Act Raizer?? Neat.

Yup! That shocked me a bit, too. I only discovered that tidbit a few weeks ago when I was researching publisher/royalty information for crediting the Streets of Rage album. A lot of times I can guess a composer by noting their "style", and all these years I never had a clue that Act Raiser's composer was the same for SOR! It's just so radically different that I never would have associated the two games with the same composer...

Like I said, it takes true talent to pull something like that off, not everyone can master distinct styles like that, Which again makes me wonder why in the world he invented this algorithm that automatically makes new Beatz for his music...

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »
Here are the rest of the songs! Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy. Hope y'all dig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ClDScrieE&list=OLAK5uy_kh227sSx4u41JeCFYdpPHHyeGdjJ4d6-A

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 09:21:45 AM »
Attack the Barbarian sounded interesting  :)

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »
That surprisingly ended up being my wife's favorite of the SOR bunch...

I just wanted people who were on the go to feel like they were beating up a Streets of Rage boss while on the go (especially for the end part).

Tags:

anything