Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Introducing myself here...  (Read 7760 times)

Lone Wolf

Introducing myself here...
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »
+3
Hello, guys. I just wanted to say that i'm new in this forum. I joined here the last afternoon, but i kinda felt losty for not still knowing how things work here. So i would be glad if any of you guys could give me some help.
I'm Lone Wolf, as you could see. :P I found this forum by myself after browsing it into Google. Thanks Google i found you guys. xp
Btw, i just watched the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow this night, and i liked it a looot! Pity it's not for a console of mine...  :-\
Anyway, i've been developing myself an interest in Castlevania series since then. After having some fun with obscure things of mine, like collecting horror stuffs, and watching horror movies, and studying Gothic stuffs(which are my current hobbies xD), one day my classmate came at me and showed me an OST from Castlevania series(bet you guys know this very well), Bloody Tears. Once i've listened to it, i just remembered about the series and started looking up for this. Got some things back then in my mind, like having once played Castlevania for Nintendo 64(didn't remember it until these days), and the older Castlevania series, like Simon's Quest, for SN.
The first official Castlevania game i just bought recently, was Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I just loved the game. And the most interesting about it is that, i've been searching for it on Wiki, and found out that, by following the original storyline, L.o.I is the first game of all Castlevania story! :o
I got a bit surprised for it, 'cause i didn't expect to have earned the first one. Though it is for PS2, Leon Belmont is said to be the first vampire killer.
So i officially turned myself into it. And now i'm here. :)
I'll be around looking up for more content. I liked these forums, and i hope i can also get friends here, too. ^^
See you later, guys! :)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »
Hey welcome to the forums. Everyone here is like one big family. Moreover, it's nice to see another LoI fan too :D I'm sure I'll see more of you here!

Lone Wolf

Re: Introducing myself here...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
Thank you!! It's great to know this. And thanks for replying to my topic, too! And for the good welcoming. ^^
You're right, i loved this game! :D
Although, i'm not totally familiarized with it, because i didn't beat it once yet. I'm still wanting to know it more, you know. x_x
My last time playing that game was when i got the second orb, after beating up Anti-Souls Mystery Lab. That was my second stage, although i was just following the walkthrough. :-/
Btw, always nice to know new people. Thanks again, and i also hope we can meet again. :)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
Well, if you ever have questions about any of the CV games you came to the right place. You'll come to see many people have different opinions on the games but that's ok. The main Castlevania discussion section on these forums is where you'll find most of the Castlevania subjects though.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:09 AM »
Welcome to the CVD :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »
+1
Welcome to the dungeon! Sometimes there's fun and games, but usually just bickering over what is and isn't a Castlevania game, or something else that grinds people's gears.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »
That's an interesting name there, Lone Wolf.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »
And I thought that I was the only lone wolf here *snicker*  ;D Anyhoo welcome to the dungeon Lone Wolf and enjoy your stay  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »
+1
Welcome to the 'dungeon, Lone Wolf! I'm still semi-new here but you'll find the community is pretty nice, informative, and yet as witty and goofy at the same time.
You mentioned Castlevania 2. Do yourself a favor and play this fan mod. The sprites for Simon were made righ'chere on the dungeon. The game has been re-made and re-translated.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest Revamped TSE is here (PC and Mac)

Just download Joy2Key, since it turns your controller inputs into keyboard inputs.

12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »
Hi and welcome to the dungeon.  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »
Welcome to the 'dungeon, Lone Wolf! I'm still semi-new here but you'll find the community is pretty nice, informative, and yet as witty and goofy at the same time.
You mentioned Castlevania 2. Do yourself a favor and play this fan mod. The sprites for Simon were made righ'chere on the dungeon. The game has been re-made and re-translated.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest Revamped TSE is here (PC and Mac)

Just download Joy2Key, since it turns your controller inputs into keyboard inputs.

Is this the full game?

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
+1
Yep game is full from start to finish. All mansions have a proper boss battle, and even Dracula's castle has enemies in it now.
The only killer bug I found is DO NOT crouch in the ferryman's boat while the screen transitions. I got loaded into the boat and was forced to reset the game.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »
+1
Looks like I know what I'm playing for the next few days.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
Welcome to the Dungeon!  Please enjoy your stay here.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
+1
So when's there gonna be a new user registered as "and Cub"?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything