Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Planning to fly to California in the summer  (Read 8984 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Planning to fly to California in the summer
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

And alcohol? taxation on alcohol are like the highest. If 7$ for half a liter beer in a pub seems expensive to you, here the regular prices would move between 6$- 8$.

Geez, those are club prices!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »
You people may complain about the prices of food and drink in some of your places, but most of them are cheaper than my country, and since your wages are higher that's even more of a reason for me to be amused. In my country, taxation is INSANE. Most people give around half of their money to the state through direct and indirect taxation.
And alcohol? taxation on alcohol are like the highest. If 7$ for half a liter beer in a pub seems expensive to you, here the regular prices would move between 6$- 8$.

Well, it's all relative. If I can pay $3 per beer here, of course I'm going to consider $7 expensive.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
Born and raised in Los Angeles. Oh, the wonders I could show you... :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
Worry not. I have no intentions of crossing into the lower 48 until they clean up their act a bit (Amongst other things like pollution).

Well hey, I've heard tale that Minnesota is a lot like Canada, and even up north away from the Minneapolis–St. Paul area a ways they even start to sound like Canadians (as featured in the movie Fargo). Even the air in the Twin Cities is fairly clean compared to other major cities across the country.

I mean, this video, made by Canadians, looks like something people around here could've made.

OUT FOR A RIP - OFFICIAL VIDEO

Only traveled to California once as a kid with my family, I remember San Francisco being a cool place.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »
Well it's not the people that I have a disliking to. It's the current state of mind that American powers currently use post 9/11. It wouldn't surprise me if there are areas in the US that resemble Canada, all things considered. I do know that there are parts of Canada that seem to resemble the US as well. I'm just glad I'm not living in those parts of Canada as I've heard the horror stories. And I also have a severe hate-on for those responsible for their abuse of authority against innocent civilians. I have some American relatives I met once at a family reunion, and I hope they're doing okay (again) all things considered.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 01:50:38 AM »
I do know that there are parts of Canada that seem to resemble the US as well.

Heh, I immediately thought of Trailer Park Boys when I read this part.  :-[
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »
Born and raised in Los Angeles. Oh, the wonders I could show you... :rollseyes:

Seriously though, what cool places would you recommend to visit near the West coast? Should I visit Las Vegas? Does it have many attractions for those who don't intend to gamble? I heard about Heart Attack grill and have been dreaming about going there ever since.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »
I heard about Heart Attack grill and have been dreaming about going there ever since.

Heart attack Grill. I remember my boss going down south for a time and telling us a story about this particular place.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
Seriously though, what cool places would you recommend to visit near the West coast? Should I visit Las Vegas? Does it have many attractions for those who don't intend to gamble? I heard about Heart Attack grill and have been dreaming about going there ever since.

That's a loaded question; I guess it depends on your interests.
I could give you generalized answers, but like, if you're interested in something (beaches or what-have-you) I could be much more specific. I tend to travel often; there's much to do here.

Las Vegas is a good distance from Los Angeles (a state over), but I've been there many times. I don't gamble, and personally consider it an overheated death trap. They have quite a few things to look at, and some minor attractions, but overall not worth the detour if you don't intend to gamble. Southern California in general has far more to offer, considering that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »
Personally if I did go to California the best place to see would be the great redwood forest. Those trees are literally thousands of years old and massive in size. I think they're the biggest trees on earth. And if you're a star wars fan then you can see where the Endor scenes were shot in Return of the Jedi. And I've also heard that these trees can be traced  all the way back to the Cretaceous period.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
Well, I'm strongly into history / culture sites. Really would like to see different people, and "different" kind of entertainment. you know, the America f**k-yeah stuff.

:P

Oh, and I guess places to avoid would be nice too.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
If you go to San Fran make sure to just walk around and explore without a set agenda. Get into trouble. Cruise the piers. And check out this awesome old arcade...

Musée Mécanique

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
Think Tank!! You're back!

Michigan is a little far away from California though, isn't it?  :P
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »
I live in AZ. I fly to San Fran often for work.

Tags: