Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC  (Read 145858 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC
« Reply #420 on: March 21, 2014, 05:27:34 AM »
I liked Fusion. ;____;
It was weaker than Super Metroid, but most things are.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #421 on: March 21, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »
Being Belmont'd at the time? He does tend to come and go from the earthly plane of existence rather often.

That was supposed to be the time before he met another belmont.

He did not meet another belmont after Leon until Trevor which Leon was way before the wife thing and Trevor was after.

So that does bring up a interesting question on where the hell he was at during this.

Unless he was put "out of commission" by some other vampire hunter (which I kinda doubt).

it was said that Alucard was there, although possibly a little boy at the time.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: March 21, 2014, 05:35:01 AM »
He was assumed to be laying low or in hiding at that time.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: March 21, 2014, 05:36:14 AM »
He was assumed to be laying low or in hiding at that time.

Yea I remember that, but I still don't see that as a reason to let your beloved and mother of your child get murdered by a mob of people given his power.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »
Yea I remember that, but I still don't see that as a reason to let your beloved and mother of your child get murdered by a mob of people given his power.

He must have been busy somewhere else, perhaps in another country, before he noticed that tragedy.

Or we can just say, IGA's oversight, going after dramatic effect > accuracy/logic. hehehe.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2014, 05:41:31 AM »
Whatever happens with the new IGA game, we won't have any Belmont and certainely no Dracula. I hope he can come up with a great new idea.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2014, 05:44:39 AM »
Whatever happens with the new IGA game, we won't have any Belmont and certainely no Dracula. I hope he can come up with a great new idea.

I understand the belmont part, but why certainly no Dracula?

Care to explain?

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2014, 05:46:05 AM »
The also probably burned her at the stake during the day.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2014, 05:51:45 AM »
The also probably burned her at the stake during the day.

Well I assume by then he had gained some loyal minions, if that was the case he could have easily sent them to the town to take care of the villagers who where trying to murder her even if it where during the day.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2014, 05:54:06 AM »
I understand the belmont part, but why certainly no Dracula?

Care to explain?
While Dracula isn't "copyrighted" like the Belmonts, I'm not sure Konami would let him make a game with a [protagonist] killing ennemies in a castle with Dracula.

My statement isn't based on anything legal/other, but if IGA's not silly, he should know he has to come with something different.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2014, 05:58:18 AM »
While Dracula isn't "copyrighted" like the Belmonts, I'm not sure Konami would let him make a game with a [protagonist] killing ennemies in a castle with Dracula.

My statement isn't based on anything legal/other, but if IGA's not silly, he should know he has to come with something different.

There would be nothing Konami could do since there are plenty of games and movies that have other people taking on Dracula.

And I fail to see how it would be silly of IGA.

It might be more comfortably and right up his ally to have Dracula still as the big bad.

Inafune is still using the whole "robots/androids theme" in Mighty no 9 which is obviously akin to the repload and robots thing from the original mega man series and nobody is calling him silly for it.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2014, 06:00:43 AM »
Well I assume by then he had gained some loyal minions, if that was the case he could have easily sent them to the town to take care of the villagers who where trying to murder her even if it where during the day.

If it was during the day, how would he know? It doesn't take long to grab someone throw them to a stake and set them on fire, and I doubt he had Slogra and Gaibon living at her house as her personal bodyguards.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »

Maybe his minions were with him due to his assumption that the village his wife and son were residing won't harm them.
Besides, I don't think at that time Drac is powerful enough to gather a troop of willing humans.

He can still make Drac the big bad, but the game takes place outside a castle.
Or you know, he can fill in the hole between LoI and CV3. Vampire hunters killing random evil things (led by Drac) but without the whip, since he doesn't like the whips much.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »
If it was during the day, how would he know? It doesn't take long to grab someone throw them to a stake and set them on fire, and I doubt he had Slogra and Gaibon living at her house as her personal bodyguards.

I figured he would have had someone watching over her and his son, after all it was shown that he cared for both of them a great deal back then.

Since he knows he is powerless to do anything to protect them during the day I just guessed that he might have had one of his minions keeping a eye on them.

Maybe his minions were with him due to his assumption that the village his wife and son were residing won't harm them.
Besides, I don't think at that time Drac is powerful enough to gather a troop of willing humans.

Dracula/Mathias at the end of Lament of Innnocence should have been as powerful as Walter, so I don't think "powerful enough" really fits into the equation here since by then he may have even gathered even more powerful souls given that this isn't to far before CV3.

And regarding the minions part, read above to see my reply towards Viskod.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: March 21, 2014, 06:10:36 AM »
Then we can just safely assume that his minions are idiots.

Tags: