Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Finally found the right pad.  (Read 4866 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:20 AM »
Any ever heard of 8BitDo? I picked up a SNES game pad from them. Well it looks like a SNES game pad but it's for things like smartphones, Apple comps, PCs, etc. I can now, Finally, play my emulators with a proper D-pad! I'm still struggling with the off/on bit but the pad itself works wonderfully.

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 04:09:06 PM »
I wonder if there is a Saturn Version to complete my Retro console wars featuring the best controllers of all time

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 05:33:45 PM »
I want one just like this, but with analog sticks at the bottom, click-buttons on the analogs, and L+R squeeze triggers (like the Gamecube L+R).

The closest to what I want is the Wii Classic Controller (no click-buttons on the analogs, though).
The Wii-U Pro Controller has the analogs on TOP (which I don't like) and the Classic Controller Pro doesn't have the L+R squeeze triggers.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:24 AM »

The Wii-U Pro Controller has the analogs on TOP (which I don't like)

Me neither, I also don't like that on the specially made Smash 4 GCN style Wii U pads you can't move the character in Smash with the D-pad... I wasn't happy :(
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline yamabigdog

• Uber Pwnerer
  • Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:15 AM »
I want one just like this, but with analog sticks at the bottom, click-buttons on the analogs, and L+R squeeze triggers (like the Gamecube L+R).

The closest to what I want is the Wii Classic Controller (no click-buttons on the analogs, though).
The Wii-U Pro Controller has the analogs on TOP (which I don't like) and the Classic Controller Pro doesn't have the L+R squeeze triggers.
http://m.gearbest.com/video-game/pp_266201.html?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKEAiAmY-3BRDh7pjvg46p1iYSJADQ78gNvIlP44zgxb5kdTjdTa91UeFG3NsHdXukAHg2_zFhkBoCnsLw_wcB

I've been looking at this one for a while now. Looks like it has everything, plus it is slim design.

Been here since the 1st NES CastleVania.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
http://m.gearbest.com/video-game/pp_266201.html?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKEAiAmY-3BRDh7pjvg46p1iYSJADQ78gNvIlP44zgxb5kdTjdTa91UeFG3NsHdXukAHg2_zFhkBoCnsLw_wcB

This must have been the controller I saw a few months back but never inquired about it. Ah well. I still got a good controller anyways  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
Any recommendations for something that is easily compatible with Steam games, as well with other PC style games?

I have something that is something like a cross between a Playstation 2 controller and an old Sega controller.  If I recall, it was accidentally given to me or something...  (Found it in my stored items when I returned to college after a summer break.  I asked around and nobody claimed it, so I kept it.)
Anyway, it's always worked fine with random indie games and downloads that will support controller use, but it's not compatible with anything on Steam.  I even tried a few of the programs that are supposed to make any controller compatible with Steam but none of them worked. :-/

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
Any recommendations for something that is easily compatible with Steam games, as well with other PC style games?

I have something that is something like a cross between a Playstation 2 controller and an old Sega controller.  If I recall, it was accidentally given to me or something...  (Found it in my stored items when I returned to college after a summer break.  I asked around and nobody claimed it, so I kept it.)
Anyway, it's always worked fine with random indie games and downloads that will support controller use, but it's not compatible with anything on Steam.  I even tried a few of the programs that are supposed to make any controller compatible with Steam but none of them worked. :-/
The go-to controllers are usually the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, both work perfectly with 95% of all PC games

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 09:09:28 PM »
The go-to controllers are usually the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, both work perfectly with 95% of all PC games

Thanks!  XBOX is the one system I don't own and have almost never played...so is there any relevant difference between the two controllers, 360 and one?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 10:38:48 PM »
xbox one controllers. The wireless dongle is out for it now so you can go wireless with it. No special charger like the 360 one so thats a huge plus. Its all around a fantastic controller I use mine for everything

As for the 8bitdo... I have the NES version I carry around in my laptop bag and its great. Didnt know they made an SNES version too

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 06:20:58 AM »
Xbox 360 controller has a wired variant which is a huge plus, and works well all around.
Xbox One has micro-USB wired mode, which if you want to fix certain games (PSO2, Azure striker gunvolt), but the port on the top is a bit janky.

I reccommend the 360 controller, but if you are interested in the One Controller, definately go for the Pro or Razer Sabertooth

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 07:47:55 AM »
I wonder if there is a Saturn Version to complete my Retro console wars featuring the best controllers of all time

I know Sega themselves released a Saturn controller for PC in I believe the late 90s. Last time I saw one was on Amazon for like $30. For about $16 you could pick up an all in one adapter to use Saturn, N64 and PS2 controllers. The I beleive it's Retrolink (they did some NES, SNES and 6-button Genesis gamepads for PC) who have a Saturn PC pad.

Tags:

anything