Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 1993 Micom BASIC Magazine interview  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: March 27, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »
+1
Featuring Hideo “Axelay” Ueda and  Keizo “Jigokuguruma” Nakamura from Akumajou Dracula X68K, Toshiki Yamamura (director from Bloodlines) and a suprise appearance by Hitoshi Akamatsu who was still working for Konami at this time:

https://thearkhound.tumblr.com/post/183537621473/1993-castlevania-commentary-from-micom-basic?is_related_post=1

Interesting info about Bloodlines:

Q: We feel the Mega Drive version (Bloodlines) had some elaborate research involved with it, as reflected by the appearance of characters such as Elizabeth Bartley. What kind of materials were you sourcing?

A: I think around two years ago I read a certain novel that featured a female vampire… That was when I first got the idea. I then bought various books related to Dracula and the history of Europe in order to further expand on the original idea. We might make a sequel if there is a demand for it. (Mr. Yamamura, Development Division 6)

Also, Akamatsu apperently went on to work for a different company called "Vingteun Systems".

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
Niiice, these in-situ conversations about how these milestones were created are the frontier of CV Fandom. 

Tags: