Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 980945 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
If we're unknowingly voting between a metroivania style game or a classicvania game, (by choosing either sword or whip) I would be extremely upset, lol. They need to tell us such important things so we can make a decision we can live with. Besides, CotM, HoD and PoR had whips so all Metroidvanias aren't automatically swords... Uugghh! This is so vague.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:46 PM »
If we're unknowingly voting between a metroivania style game or a classicvania game, (by choosing either sword or whip) I would be extremely upset, lol. They need to tell us such important things so we can make a decision we can live with. Besides, PoR had whips so all Metroidvanias aren't automatically swords... Uugghh! This is so vague.

I was thinking alongsides the lines that maybe sword users are more metroidvania orientated while whip weilders were more classic inclined. Ohh.. Good Gosh it feels good to be back!  :) 
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
Curious. What clan are you in?
I wanna be both. So I voted Sword first, and then switched to Whip. because I'm badass....even though it doesn't work that way......I CALL THE MEMORY OF RICHTER UPON YOU!

Honestly though, I think he might pull a usual metroidvania. Maybe he'll do classic as the main story instead this time, and have unlockable metroidvania characters. Or the usual way, metroidvania style, and then classic style like Alucard Richter Maria, or etc. I mean, that happened in a lot of the metroidvania games, and that honestly reaches out to everyone yeah? ^u^

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2015, 10:30:11 PM »
I just like whipping over slashing. I'm very simple in this regard.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »
What does this suppose to mean?
"The illness feeds itself. Then you feed the illness. Then the illness feeds you."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »
I was thinking alongsides the lines that maybe sword users are more metroidvania orientated while whip weilders were more classic inclined. Ohh.. Good Gosh it feels good to be back!  :)

Yeah, I guess. But I'm a little bit of both! Though I am maybe 60/40 whip/sword. But as for the actual game styles I am 50/50!

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »
I just like whipping over slashing. I'm very simple in this regard.
Well, you can whip some butt...but you can't slash some butt XD (well you can but, it's certainly not common)
As long as there's a shoryuken and some special moves (and some combo and cancel mechanics) I'll be happy.
GIVE ME MY OP SHORYUUUUKEN! -flies into the air with ma whip hand up. I guess it's because I look into game mechanics quite a bit as a quality assurance tester.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »
What does this suppose to mean?
"The illness feeds itself. Then you feed the illness. Then the illness feeds you."

I literally had this a second ago. And dang it it was the right choice I made!

Yeah, I guess. But I'm a little bit of both! Though I am maybe 60/40 whip/sword. But as for the actual game styles I am 50/50!

100% Whip and as for game styles I like classic more. How much, I don't know percentage wise I just prefer them over MV's greatly.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2015, 10:36:51 PM »
You know what, I think I wish there was a third choice.....EVERYTHING! (guess that would be Morris style since there's martial arts, subweapons, whips, sword, knuckles (OH GOD YES THE KNUCKLES), etc)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »
I agree with Everything. But it seems they don't want us to have everything as of this point.
Unless we keep all votes from all clans at a stalemate...  8)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2015, 10:40:32 PM »
You know what, I think I wish there was a third choice.....EVERYTHING! (guess that would be Morris style since there's martial arts, subweapons, whips, sword, knuckles (OH GOD YES THE KNUCKLES), etc)

In that sense MV's ARE everything and the third choice. Classic is just good ole sub weapons. And that's how I like it.

I agree with Everything. But it seems they don't want us to have everything as of this point.
Unless we keep all votes from all clans at a stalemate...  8)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2015, 10:41:47 PM »
The hype is BUILDING, don't let us down.

Also, so many shots fired to Konami LOL IGA > Hideo

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »

"What does this suppose to mean?
"The illness feeds itself. Then you feed the illness. Then the illness feeds you.""
I literally had this a second ago. And dang it it was the right choice I made!
This just sparked something guys. I got a theory on this.

The whip of course represents classicvania in a way. But think about it...something from long ago...something where is represents a formula that we don't want changed. And all this illness stuff. In a way, maybe whip says that people aren't willing to change. That people hate change and don't want to move forward out of their fantasies of the old. They can't accept the new things. I mean, illness feeds you? Our delusions of old things being great....my delusions...of old things being great...OH GOD OnO

The sword represents another form of something classic too though...but still it's a different type of classic. People who liked SOTN and perhaps even the metroidvanias that followed after. Does it show change? Each metroidvania game had a lot of different things. There actually were whip only characters, but they weren't so donwn right simple. There were people who used many weapons, those who used glyphs...or even those of few weapons but plenty of magic instead....or classic characters who had many martial arts special moves like Richter. Or a team of 3 in reference to castlevania 3. It shows a willingness to modify and change while still keeping some of the old...but an idea of wanting to experience what CAN be done with a classic...what CAN be done with an old formula.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »
The hype is BUILDING, don't let us down.

Also, so many shots fired to Konami LOL IGA > Hideo

Metal Gear isn't everything the only good thing Konami did this last month was release Gradius V on PSN
(click to show/hide)

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »
Is possible to extract all the dialogue lines from the code of the website?.

Tags: