Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)  (Read 82726 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Update 10/9/15)
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
@Projectdread.   I apolgoize i should have been more elaborate on your work youve done a very nice job on your game thus far controls are extermely smmooth very nice! Plus nice blade on the subrscreen btw. Apologies if it seemed blameful..that's not my intent though i understand how peopel may misinterpret. I stated that our ideas i didnt want to ditch..their are a number of reason..but i dont want to make spoiler alerts. Just stuff that is secret and rather unique the level core concept. Stuff that just can't be done in other areas. You'd know what i mean if i showed..but again spoiler alert(nooooo...)

@Darkman. Perhaps he did or didnt i dont know..who's to say. I am merely showing what we had..and don't want to ditch what we've done if dont need to. I never mentioned for him to change anything. He should do as he chooses. My point is i dont want to get called out on using an similar concept. I think i mentioned it so if i build a level that has similarites people wont' go oh it's just a rip off. And yeah our game may not be fully develped as i can't code well enough yet...but honestly..Poc has ideas have been around since '12. So i am sure i have quite a few original concepts.

What' this about bmc? taking backgrounds? Not to my recollection,Dude i think our project and his our very original in alot of ways. I've never once commented negatively on his project. And i'm pretty sure he's never said anything on ours or at least that i'm aware of. but i see no real rip offs in either game. Both seem very original in their own taste. And To be honest. I'm not even sure where that came from. This thread has nothing to do with that project. I'm merely laying out conveyed  concept for PoC ideas..that's about it.  If you wanna go into great detail about the only thing from bmc's game we had ideas for but he beat us to the punch are 1.reflective waterwalls(which clearly gm8 can't fuly handle) and 2. 2 Dos Giant armors. I was actually shocked when i seen them in his keep.Shockingly uncanny. Because we'd made rooms 3 and 4 for both Dos Armors(not red) in ironically the keep in designated areas..   As for us..i can't say i see too much similariteis in levels or designs.... Not gonna buying it guy..

I notice you have a tendancy to downplay our project's for your buddy's, and that tunes getting old fast. People will freely decide what they like.

I wasn't putting fire in anything dude nor was the post meant to be offensive. I just felt that you were kinda jumping the gun. First off, no one was accusing you of "stealing" anything nor asking  you to remove anything from your game so why would you all of a sudden insinuate (which you did) for him to use what he wants to use in a certain way all while saying you don't want to have to change something for your game.  Why would you have to change anything at all for your game? You do know that I have been beta testing Dredd's game for a little while now behind the scenes and he ripped all his sprites himself? That's why I felt I could say something.

Additionally, I  brought up Warmahine's example because (even though you claim you don't know about it,*PG 46. his thread) ever since that whole fisco about your two games you've been super defensive about you basically plagiarizing other people's work. Hence this post here.

Finally, let's be crystal clear I have never downplayed your project to his in the slightest. In matter of fact I have given him grief about certain areas of his demo that needed polishing privately and publicly. You can go back on his threads and see my suggestions all over the place. Same with your guys. I have actually been commenting about your project since it's infancy, throghout the numerous programmers, and changes in art style etc. so who am I influencing what to like? All I have been doing is giving my personal opinions, you can take it for what it is or ignore it.

If you want to talk about "tendency", alot of guys have a tendency of crying foul if someone has a different opinion on a project and get all bent out of shape just because it's the "flavor of the month." You talk about letting people decide what to like? You should practice what you preach because everyone starts saying ol, he's just going with Warmachine project because it's his buddy over ours even when all the suggestions that I posted on your game were constructive. You can go back anywhere on your thread and see where I left feedback on all your level videos including the revamped ones, how I talked about how I felt you were losing the originality you had when you were using your original art style when Obrek was part of your project. I even talked about how I liked the glowing stalactites in your revamped cave sections. Never once have I mention either of the 2 games in the same breath on either threads.

When Esco sh8T all over my Vamprotector Project I didn't get all bent out of shape. When people suggested for me to change this palette in my levels, or this mechanic guess what? I changed it, not because I had to but because I want to ensure the highest quality product out there for everyone to enjoy. And I eventually won Esco over about my project, even though it sounded jerkish at the beginning.

Don't accuse me of something I wasn't doing bro, I actually like both of your projects. Don't take stuff so personal, remember I am not coming from "oh I am going to bash this project over that one" I am a Game Designer and I do it for a living so yes I like giving my 2 cents on people's projects to include my own. But that's only because as a fan it would be nice to have great games to their highest potential, but you obviously don't have to listen to any of my suggestions at all.

As far as this thread hell, I even suggested that you not to sweat any " potential" issues regarding that particular background...

The point was to me it seemed you were making a big deal over nothing.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:29:17 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
Yes, after looking at the levels I don't think anybody plagiarized from anyone else here. The similarities are likely a coincidence, nothing more, not any sort of inappropriate lifting or anything like that. I think the people of both projects should be cool with each other :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2015, 04:30:13 PM »
Yes, after looking at the levels I don't think anybody plagiarized from anyone else here. The similarities are likely a coincidence, nothing more, not any sort of inappropriate lifting or anything like that. I think the people of both projects should be cool with each other :)

Thank you Gunlord, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 05:05:59 AM »
Status Update:

Heavy Attack System Implemented!

Changes since last update:
*Heavy Attack System implemented. Shanoa can initiate a Heavy Attack by pressing Up + [X] / Up + [Y].
*As opposed to normal attacks (which drain MP), Heavy Attacks consume hearts with each use.
*Shanoa will automatically regenerate hearts over time.

See it in action:

We'd love to hear what you guys think and get some feedback for the new system. Any questions or comments? Let us know your thoughts!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:06:25 AM by ProjectDread »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Update 10/19/15)
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 05:19:39 AM »
Does this replace glyph unions?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 06:02:08 AM »
@VladCT: Yeah, the Heavy Attack will replace the glyph union system present in Order of Ecclesia. Although the glyph union was a pretty awesome idea, most glyph combinations you could achieve were either not unique, or resulted in nothing (the force push). Another problem I had was that even though glyph unions were immensely powerful, they all consumed vast amounts of hearts (which are finite in nature and also very slow to collect / replenish). In my opinion, this actively discourages the player from using the ability and severely limits its viability outside of boss battles.

For Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia, we're aiming to provide added utility and usefulness with the Heavy Attack system. Although these attacks aren't as damaging as glyph unions they consume far less energy per use. Also, Shanoa's hearts now regenerate over time which allows heavy attacks to be used much more often than glyph unions. We hope the new combat system we're developing both empowers the player and encourages them to make full use of Shanoa's new abilities to get get out of tough situations.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
It will make the thing more dinamic. I personally liked it.  :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
Nice! That does sound intriguing, though I have to say that regenerating hearts seems a bit strange for a Castlevania game.
I think it wouldn't seem as strange if it were the other way around and  MP was the regenerating factor and Hearts the more limited commodity. At the end of the day both MP and Ammo (Hearts) are game mechanics designed to be limiters. The strangeness I sense is definitely one that comes out of nostalgia and expectation, though.
"Stuff and things."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2015, 05:05:21 PM »
This is looking hot, I like that Wygol village is an actual level with enemies.
Will there be people to interact with like in OOE?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2015, 03:21:38 AM »
This is looking hot, I like that Wygol village is an actual level with enemies.
Will there be people to interact with like in OOE?

Thanks for the comment. There will indeed be NPCs the player can interact with in the game. We don't want things to be too dialog heavy, so we're definitely going to focus more on gameplay elements first.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:15 PM »
If there are complications about using heart ammo for heavy dual-glyph attacks then why not do it like this: The normal attacks no longer use any magic. That would be no different then any other weapon user from the series, and it shouldn't be an issue. This way you can then use the magic meter for the heavy combo attack instead. As for the hearts, you could always bring back the sub-weapons or have the hearts be utilized for something else entirely; like money, as they were in CV II.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:50 AM »
I don't like the idea of normal attacks not using mp, that would make spamming attacks too easy. Imo this is what set OOE's gameplay aside from the rest.

With there be difficulty modes? Lv01 cap?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
The weapon spamming could also feed of the magic meter as well. Just not when you are using only one arm to attack only.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
Update:
I've added some new features to Dominus Engine over the past month. First, the title screen has been completely revamped and is now more reminiscent of the Nintendo DS entries of the series. In addition, I've tweaked a few gameplay mechanics that I feel compliment the new combat system. Most notably, I've modified the Backdash to have invincibility frames so under the right circumstances it can now be used to avoid enemy damage. Typically in the Castlevania games I've played the Backdash has never had much purpose besides acting as an attack-cancel, this change will add some more utility to the ability. The heavy attack sequence for the sword has been sped up drastically as well.

Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia, title screen.

Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia, backdash.

Join the Team:
We're actively looking for spriters and graphic artists to help with the project. More specifically, we're looking for new and modified character animations. If you're interested in working on Dominus Engine with us, please send me a PM.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:06:47 PM by ProjectDread »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Update 11/22/15)
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2015, 12:11:08 AM »
Welp, your new backdashing mechanic just increased the speedrunning possibilities and general game-breaking-shenanigans possibilities by 450%  ;D
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.