Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 602901 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »
Breath of Fire are fun games. I do think 2 is more fun though.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #856 on: August 13, 2014, 02:57:23 AM »
I've only played Double Dragon Neon. I thought it was super fun. I had a blast with it.

Neon was so far removed from the other games to me...mostly because of the ridiculousness of it all. But damn, would I love to see a sequel. Had a lot of fun with that game.

I just finished Watch Dogs. Excellent game. Now my PS4 can go back to being a fully-dedicated Netflix machine for a while. :(

I have to get back on the new Strider (dropped it when Dark Souls II came out) and No More Heroes (just haven't wanted to pick it back up, for some reason).

I've had a strange fixation on Ghosts N Goblins lately. Played it on the Capcom Classics Collection disc. Just by coincidence, I was wearing my GnG shirt. No, it didn't help. I STILL am unable to beat it. Can't get past those two Satans before Astaroth. I can't even kill one of them yet. I'm finally getting a good grasp on the game though, instead of relying on sheer luck to get through. I'm dead set on beating both loops. I WILL do it, dammit!  :P
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #857 on: August 13, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
I've kinda been triple dipping lately...playing some Paper Mario on my WiiU/Wii Virtual Console...playing some Contact on my 3DS...and playing some Mario Kart 8 on my WiiU with my brother-in-law.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #858 on: August 19, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
Peace Walker and Baldur's Gate 2

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #859 on: August 19, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
+3
I went full Inception and revisited this classic:

That's the N64 classic "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask"...
...inside the "The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition" Gamecube Disc...
...in ISO form, playing off of Devolution, an app for Wii that lets you play Gamecube games off of an USB...
...but all of this is emulated Wii on my softmodded Wii-U! xD

A Wii-U pretending to be a Wii pretending to be a Gamecube running essentially N64 software on it.
I HAVE GONE DEEP!

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #860 on: August 19, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »
god what a good game! I wish theyd give it the Wind Waker HD treatment

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #861 on: August 20, 2014, 03:16:09 AM »
Speaking of Zelda, I've been playing, hands down, the most ambitious hack of the original LoZ ever.
Zelda: The Legend of Link. Go look it up.
It basically turns LoZ1 into Zelda 3 for NES sans the story.
Make sure and watch the intro. It's pretty wicked.
"Stuff and things."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #862 on: August 20, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »
I started another game of the original Marathon.  What a brilliant series.  If it's still available, I highly recommend Marathon: Durandal (a high-resolution port of Marathon 2) on Xbox Live Arcade to any early FPS fans.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #863 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
I cant find that Incc. All the results show up as legend of zelda or adventure of link nothin for legend of link

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #864 on: August 20, 2014, 11:21:26 PM »
Go here: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308

There is another "final" beta coming out soon.
"Stuff and things."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #865 on: August 23, 2014, 03:19:29 AM »
While I'm still playing Baldur's Gate 2, I am also playing Metal Gear. No not Metal Gear Solid but Metal Gear for MSX. I've been in a Metal Gear mood lately and after I finish this one I tend to play Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and then Snake Eater.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »
Played original LoZ, second quest. Got an urge to play after looking stuff up online regarding Zelda II, somehow.  ???

Also played through Kid Icarus twice last night. Didn't get the best ending the first time, so I played the second loop to get it. That game is fantastic once you get out of the first world...reminds me of Deadly Towers in the way that you don't really understand what's going on at first, and start out (relatively) underpowered. I loved how worlds 2 and 3 looked.

Trying to get back into System Shock 2. I'm not really enjoying it as much as I thought I would, but it's something I'd still like to complete.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #867 on: August 30, 2014, 11:35:47 PM »
Recently bought Wolfenstein: The New Order. Talk about f**ked up. And not in a bad way since I love kill 'n Nazis. After finishing it I've gone back to the earlier PS3 Wolfenstein as I've yet to finish it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #868 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »
I've played a little Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition for the ps3, but now, i have stuck with tales of xillia 2
Ruler of Chaos

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #869 on: September 07, 2014, 11:58:59 PM »
Played through Golvellius last night...awesome game. You don't even really need a walkthrough at all for it...the game's pretty good at giving you crucial hints. The ending was kind of funny.

Tags:

anything