Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586619 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #600 on: August 01, 2013, 09:37:16 AM »
+1
all the main characters growing up in an orphanage together, and the main villain raising them, but none of them remembering ANY of it or each other.
Well...
(click to show/hide)
Not that I'm defending it or anything, I've always liked VI and IX better than other FFs.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #601 on: August 01, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
o.o;
Cute owl! Makes me remember Charlotte! ♥
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #602 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:32 PM »
Im not saying anything about the story, since at the time that I played it I didnt understood english. But I like FF VIII more than VII, maybe its because its was my first FF game and my first RPG game (when I saw it in a bonus disc that came with Brave Fencer Musashi, I really liked it).

Also this game have a special value to me, since I gained it in my birthday, only to be robbed by a friend years later ( :( )
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:27 AM »
Just played through the first Onimusha...loved it. My girlfriend owns most (if not all) of the Onimusha games, and suggested I try it. Really love how they mixed feudal Japan with horror elements, just like Getsu Fuuma Den (although that one is in the future, but whatever). I'll have to play more of these.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: August 06, 2013, 11:02:19 PM »
I tried playing Odin Sphere, fought my second Manticore boss, then turned it off. I just couldn't get into the game at all. I'll keep it around just in case I try to give it another go, though.

Started playing Killer 7 instead. Though I have to admit, the 10 minutes or so that I've played of it so far made me feel completely lost. Still looks enjoyable, though.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: August 07, 2013, 10:15:50 AM »
+2
Im not saying anything about the story, since at the time that I played it I didnt understood english. But I like FF VIII more than VII, maybe its because its was my first FF game and my first RPG game (when I saw it in a bonus disc that came with Brave Fencer Musashi, I really liked it).

Also this game have a special value to me, since I gained it in my birthday, only to be robbed by a friend years later ( :( )
It's one of those games you lend to someone, only to realize years later that in fact what you did was just giving it away.
I know that feeling  :P
FF8 is aesthetically nicer than FF7 in my opinion, too. And I like the music better.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: August 08, 2013, 12:10:19 AM »
I tried playing Odin Sphere, fought my second Manticore boss, then turned it off. I just couldn't get into the game at all. I'll keep it around just in case I try to give it another go, though.

Started playing Killer 7 instead. Though I have to admit, the 10 minutes or so that I've played of it so far made me feel completely lost. Still looks enjoyable, though.

Blasphemy!!!!!!

Odin Sphere is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, I have to say, I never actually beat it. I went all the way to the last book and stopped. I do hate the combining of items though, that was pretty annoying. But I do love Gwendolyn. She's such a great character.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: August 08, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »
It is indeed an awesome game, but Muramasa was better and Dragon's Crown was EVEN better.
It would be nice for them to give Castlevania their vision, as some people think.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
Never played Odin Sphere, its like what game? I've played Muramasa and Im waiting for Dragon's Crown and their juicy melons.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »
Never played Odin Sphere, its like what game? I've played Muramasa and Im waiting for Dragon's Crown and their juicy melons.
Haha! Juicy melons! You wouldn't choose me if I were a VG character, so... my atributes are not that nice  :P
To answer your question, Odin's Sphere is a very rare and unique game, with some artistic graphics that really impressed me back in the times when it was released. It's all painted by hand, like an ancient picture. If there's something that comes to my mind when I think about Odin Sphere is how beautiful it looks.
If you played Muramasa, you can have a good idea of how the game looks, sounds and plays. They are different, but it shows they are from the same developer.
Now Dragon's Crown, while artistically similar, is very different in gameplay because it adds deepness to the scenarios.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #611 on: August 08, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »
I just bought OoT for 3DS so I'm rockin that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2013, 06:46:24 PM »
+1
Haha! Juicy melons! You wouldn't choose me if I were a VG character, so... my atributes are not that nice  :P

I like flat chested too, boobs are only a bonus, not a must for me. So having or not big boobs doesnt change my decisions (thats a rare thing nowadays eh? lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2013, 01:12:54 AM »
+1

I'll dare say that judging from the pictures that you have post, i'll have to disagree, you have a perfect body and if b***s are firmly, i prefer them over big ones.

As for Dragon's Crown, if i find the money, i'll import it, since it will take at least 3 months for the pal release.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2013, 01:20:09 AM »
+1
To answer your question, Odin's Sphere is a very rare and unique game, with some artistic graphics that really impressed me back in the times when it was released. It's all painted by hand, like an ancient picture. If there's something that comes to my mind when I think about Odin Sphere is how beautiful it looks.
If you played Muramasa, you can have a good idea of how the game looks, sounds and plays. They are different, but it shows they are from the same developer.
Now Dragon's Crown, while artistically similar, is very different in gameplay because it adds deepness to the scenarios.

Really Odin sphere was that rare? huh Got that thing sealed some years ago.

I've been playing Two import games Goemon DS and tales of Tempest, Tales of xillia and playing very slowly shin megami tensei IV very cheap game game if you think dark souls is hard this will make you scream or curse at points more so than DS.

I like flat chested too, boobs are only a bonus, not a must for me. So having or not big boobs doesnt change my decisions (thats a rare thing nowadays eh? lol)

I just like girls however I will say that I'm attracted to girls with short/medium hair(mostly brown hair on this one for some reason it different depending on the color hair for me) how could I explain it umm not to short I have to find a pic to explain it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:30:01 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything