Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587507 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #825 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
Let's see I'm playing Dark Souls 2 but have been kinda lazy in my playing it and I downloaded a 3DS game called Grinsia and have been playing that.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #826 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »
My latest Ebay buys of course, SFC Valis IV and Chibi Maruko-Chan no Taisen Puzzle Dama for the Saturn. Been in a puzzle game mood and wanted to play something similar to Puyo Puyo without playing Puyo Puyo.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #827 on: May 26, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »
So it turns out I bought Evoland at some unknown point. (yes, I paid for it, I checked.)
So I tried it out and it is a wonderful parody of RPG history that is also really fun.

@Jorge: I played it on a really good HD tv and it looked just about as awesome as your pic.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #828 on: May 28, 2014, 05:11:42 AM »
I'm playing through the Mass Effect series for the first time. Since I keep hearing how awesome it is, I finally decided to buy the Trilogy Collection for my PS3 and check it out.

Finished the first game, loved it, and I think I'm about halfway through the second game. I miss the equipment and the rpg elements but I like how the combat feels more together and refined. I just miss actually earning something from the combat like gear or upgrades or experience because now some of the fire fights tend to drag since I don't get anything out if them anymore.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #829 on: May 28, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
Double Dragon Neon and Bloodrayne Betrayal. I'm really enjoying both, especially Virt's music in both. I'm surprised Bloodrayne got mediocre scores, it's been quite fun so far. Maybe they tweaked the Steam port, who knows.

Wayforwardin' it up all up in dis bitch

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #830 on: May 28, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
Didn't know Bloodrayne Betrayal had been released on steam. I'll have to grab that during a holiday sale.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #831 on: May 30, 2014, 02:01:39 AM »
Trojan - Much more forgiving on the NES. The final boss isn't a beast like he was in the arcade, but the NES port is much more fun overall. A good game to pick up and knock out.

Gun.Smoke. I knew the game was good from when I played it as a kid, but man, it's gotta be one of my new NES favorites. It's held up pretty well over the ages. Now I just need to beat it fair and square, instead of using slo-mo on the NES Advantage like I used to do back in the day.  :-[ Died at Wingate #2 before I had to quit the other night. I really love what Capcom did with their arcade ports back then.

Played some Journey to Silius, too. I was expecting this crazy hard game, but it's quite playable. Limited continues is kind of a bummer, but not a dealbreaker, I guess.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #832 on: May 30, 2014, 05:00:12 AM »
Though I'm taking a moderate approach to it, Wolfenstein: The New Order is pretty good.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #833 on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
Anyone get that Watchdogs yet? Thinking about getting that one this weekend.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #834 on: May 31, 2014, 03:39:52 AM »
Gauntlet Legends PS1, and on MAME (new faster PC can run it very very well 99.9% of the time), the day I got the new PC and started playing the arcade version, the PS1 version I got off ebay arrived. Coincidentally I also have Dark Legacy on PS2, an expansion of Legends with more levels and bosses.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #835 on: May 31, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
I LOVED Dark Legacy in the arcades. Me and 3 of my friends played it til we beat it multiple times all standin in an actual arcade. I never did like the consoles versions tho =/

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #836 on: June 01, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »
Secret of Mana. Good game but too bad about 2/3rds of the script was taken out of the English version. Also too much grinding. Charming graphics and music though.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #837 on: June 02, 2014, 12:52:48 AM »
I was playing Dragon Age origins, when a weird glitch happened, making the progress of the game impossible. 8 hours of game play, they went to waste..........so now i've put it aside and i have started FF X HD remastered.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #838 on: June 02, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »
The First Templar.

Surprisingly enjoyable, albeit very simple.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #839 on: June 02, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
MARIO KART 8!  ^o^
 :D :D :D :D :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything