Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587128 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #840 on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
I LOVED Dark Legacy in the arcades. Me and 3 of my friends played it til we beat it multiple times all standin in an actual arcade. I never did like the consoles versions tho =/
I believe they just consoled it up for home use, all it really is is an expansion to Legends. They I believe added the crystals to force a linearity to the levels and added the hubworld that wasn't present in the arcade version. Playing Legends arcade version, Dark Legacy in arcades I remember feeling exactly the same. 

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #841 on: June 08, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
Double Dragon Trilogy on the new Galaxy Note I just got. They actually did a really good job with this one: slowdown removed from the first 2 games, bluetooth controller support, some insightful (but short) history on each of the games, and the option to switch between the official soundtrack music and the original BGM. Only 3 bucks, too. Seems like there was a lot of care put into this one, especially for a cheap mobile game.

Now if Million Corp would only make a BRAND NEW Double Dragon game...I'd die happy.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #842 on: July 08, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
Just beat Telltale's The Wolf Among Us and it was pretty great. Not much in the way of actual gameplay of course, but a good story with lots of moral ambiguity and meaty-feeling decisions. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who, like me, enjoyed Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid. It is pretty short though, so I'd also recommend waiting for a steam sale.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:27:41 PM by Ratty »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #843 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »
Double Dragon Trilogy on the new Galaxy Note I just got. They actually did a really good job with this one: slowdown removed from the first 2 games, bluetooth controller support, some insightful (but short) history on each of the games, and the option to switch between the official soundtrack music and the original BGM. Only 3 bucks, too. Seems like there was a lot of care put into this one, especially for a cheap mobile game.

Now if Million Corp would only make a BRAND NEW Double Dragon game...I'd die happy.
I've only played Double Dragon Neon. I thought it was super fun. I had a blast with it.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #844 on: July 09, 2014, 12:12:38 PM »
I finally got the last of us, so i keep my hands full with it and final fantasy type zero for the psp.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #845 on: July 10, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky at the moment

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #846 on: July 10, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
I'm playing all the X games in order (including RMIX) lately. Does anybody know any special "technique" to beating Jet Stingray's stage in RMX4?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #847 on: July 10, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
I recently got into Borderlands. I can't wait to dig into Borderlands 2 since it has this;

Borderlands 2 - Torgue Radio + Unused Vending Machine
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #848 on: July 10, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »
My brother and I are playing Baldurs Gate 2. We're trying to get my other brother to join us for some good family fun

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #849 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:52 AM »
Ass Creed 1, 2 and Brotherhood on the mobile phone. The controls are not that good, is it me or my old java phone...?
The sprites look nice though.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #850 on: July 11, 2014, 03:37:04 AM »
Art of Fighting 2, with it's crushing CPU AI. Woo boy winning is a chore, and something I didn't do often in it.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #851 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
Sloughing through the first "Breath of Fire". It's not a bad game really it's just nothing special. Especially since the music is pretty repetitive and the inventory system is a mess. By all accounts the 2nd game is a lot better except for the awful official translation.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
Just finished Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and it was nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. I really like the main trio (Emil, Marta, Tenebrae), and the character development between the three is fantastic. Biggest downside about the game, though, would be the short runtime (approx. 30 hours, compared to Symphonia's 40 or Abyss' 60) and the fact that my list of Top 5 Worst Tales characters comes from this game (Decus, Alice, Brute, Hawk, Alba).

Gonna finish up Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll now, which is an incredible action RPG.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #853 on: July 12, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »
Sloughing through the first "Breath of Fire". It's not a bad game really it's just nothing special. Especially since the music is pretty repetitive and the inventory system is a mess. By all accounts the 2nd game is a lot better except for the awful official translation.

The music is pretty great though:
Breath of Fire - Overworld Theme - Breath of Fire

Alan and Cerl Forever - Sad Melody - Breath of Fire
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2014, 02:03:42 PM »
The music is pretty great though:

Yeah the music isn't bad. It's just that there's not enough of it. I'd get sick of any set of 3 or 4 songs after hearing them over and over for 12+ hours. So I've mostly taken to listening to my Pandora radio stations for the latest several play sessions. Admittedly the game has picked up a lot since I got Bleu in the party, she's such a fun character. And I wouldn't describe anything in the game as "bad" except maybe the aformentioned inventory system which is really just sloppy. But you can mostly forget by dumping everything in a bank.

I should probably mention that I'm playing this right on the heels of Secret of Mana (which had masterful art and music direction) and Soul Blazer (which had a more unique story) so that probably contributes to my feeling of BoF being good but mediocre.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:09:50 PM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything