Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 591634 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #900 on: October 31, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
I've been getting back into my PSP a lot lately. Played the SNK compilation on the way down to Minnesota last week. Burning Fight is the best horrible game I've ever played, I'm convinced of that now. It's hilarious.

I re-downloaded Maverick Hunter X, and man, that game is gorgeous. The voice acting is kind of funny, but I'm still pretty excited playing a remake of what was probably my favorite SNES game ever.

I also messed around a little bit with the King of Fighters compilation, KoF 98 to be specific. I suck at fighting games, but this is one of my favorites. Been trying Clark out recently. Lots of fun.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #901 on: October 31, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
Still play Alien isolation and god damn is that Xenomorph pissing me off! I have a gun. A GUN. And it still won't die... :'(  Can't tell you guy how many times I was skewered In one day.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #902 on: November 02, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »
Bio Inc. on the ipad. (I think droid has it for free)
I love it. The replayability is awesome.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #903 on: November 02, 2014, 02:57:33 PM »
Batman: Arkham Origins

I specifically chose to play this before any of the other games in the series and I'm glad I did.
Since they don't explain everything that a returning player should already know it puts me a little bit more into the game as a less experienced Batman.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #904 on: November 02, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
Started another HoD gameplay, I've reached Castle B and explored a bit of it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: November 02, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
Played some SimCity for the SNES out o the blue. I don't even think my city is at 300000 yet. I suck at this game. I may try a scenario or two.

And Double Dragon 3 for Game Boy. What a horrible mess. Bayou Billy is more playable.

Tried to play some Hexen on Steam last night, but I couldn't get my gamepad mapped the way I wanted to. Still on the lookout for a good keyboard-to-joystick program. Any ideas? My first thought is JoyToKey, but is there an easy way to tell which buttons on the controller are considered button 1, button 2, etc., by the program?
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #906 on: November 02, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »
Usually you can check the buttons with a genetic usb driver that comes with USB controllers, now if you're using a real Dual Shock or Xbox controller I dont have a clue, maybe trial and error?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #907 on: November 02, 2014, 11:05:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll have to do trial and error. Hell, I'm already gonna have to sit down and spend some time on this one.

Normally I'd just say screw it, and use the keyboard, but the arrow keys are for turning instead of strafing on Hexen. Ugh.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #908 on: November 03, 2014, 09:58:26 AM »
+1
Xpadder. All the way. Ive used every kinda keyboard to joystick program Ive come across over the years and xpadder is the only one Ill use anymore. It does everything you need it to and all with a really solid ui to see what goin on and how

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #909 on: November 03, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
I'm playing FF7, and loving it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #910 on: November 03, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
Last week in XBox live were a series of games with special price, for the Halloween celebration. At first I decided to buy Dead Space, ´cause I want something creepy to play. But then I search for gameplays for another game: Alice Madness Return...

...A day after that, I started to play Alice Madness Return and I have to say that I love that game, even with the lack of real bosses and problems with the camera. But the music, the ambience, and the story are elements that I am enjoying right now. Also, the game include the oportunity to play the first Alice game :).
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »
Well I finished Gabriel Knight 2, as I should have expected from an adventure game the next to last puzzle was complete bullshite. Overall an enjoyable experience though, better than most low budget werewolf movies I've seen.

Now playing Crystalis and it's great but I do wish they had been able to keep the original Japanese name. Godslayer: Sonata of the Far Away Skies has such a nice ring to it.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
Xpadder. All the way. Ive used every kinda keyboard to joystick program Ive come across over the years and xpadder is the only one Ill use anymore. It does everything you need it to and all with a really solid ui to see what goin on and how

Awesome! I'll check it out. Thanks

Just started Vile mode on Maverick Hunter X. Not at all what I expected, but in a really good way.You have my vote come election year.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:29:30 AM by JR »

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #913 on: November 11, 2014, 01:53:27 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:58:07 PM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #914 on: November 11, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »
Today I change in a Swap Meet three games: Army of Two: The 40th Day, Bioshok 2 and Assassins Creed 1. My formers games were Resident Evil 5, PoP The Forgotten Sands and Homefront.

I enjoyed Bioshok 2 more than the other two games, but I need more time to appreciate the three. But, now I want to acquire the first Bioshock :P
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Tags:

anything