Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Was Elizabeth Bathory innocent? Contamporary Hungarian historian says yes  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Thought this would be interesting for you to read, Dungeon.
Countess Elizabeth Bathory is known in popular culture as one of the most cruel murderers in history, who allegedly killed hundreds of women. Folklore also told that she bathed in their blood to preserve her youth and even that she was a vampire.
Of course, those stories of Bathory lead her to become a character in Castlevania and Dracula's feminine counterpart.

However, after watching a history channel program about the most evil people in history, a contemporary Hungarian historian who studied documents about the investigation which lead to her gruesome fate, an imprisonment in one of her castles, said most of the evidence that showed her to be mass-murderer were testimonies received under torture by her political rivals, who wanted to get their hands on her immense wealth.
In fact, the same historian claims, some of the "torture devices" found in her castle were actually 16 century medical devices, suggesting that rather than killing women, she possibly was conducting medical experiments on sick women. The historian said that he believes Bathory was 100% innocent, and falsely accused of everything. 

True or not, it is an interesting detail about the story of Bathory.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/history-famous-people/elizabeth-bathory-16th-century-deranged-serial-killer-or-victim-betrayal
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: