Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Darksiders ll  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Darksiders ll is how a 3D Castlevania should be done! It's similar to LoS, but with leveling up/rpg elements. After playing Darksiders ll, I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed in LoS 2.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
I agree. Darksiders II is actually one of the better games I've played this year. I'm faaar from done with it but so far I'm hooked!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 12:08:38 AM »
Then your in for a treat then. :)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Darksiders ll
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:27:35 AM »
There are too many puzzles in Darksiders II.  Though the combat and Death's acrobatic skills such as wall running are pretty cool.  If you ask me, LoS had just the right amount of puzzles and right amount of difficulty to them.

Actually, Death's method of fighting (both physical and magical skills) in Darksiders II might be a good inspiration for Alucard in a 3D environment (of he'd be using a sword instead of twin scythes).  Just a thought.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
LoS had crap platforming.

And it didn't really have any puzzles... cuz you really pretty much can bypass all of them with money.

I like puzzles, personally. SO having puzzles is a nice plus, as long as they aren't stupid.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »
Excellent game.
However I find quite hypocrital that the same people critizising LoS or its "lack of originality" are praising this one, LoS may have had strong influences, but this a complete rip off.

But it's the best rip off ever and second best game of the year (after sleeping dogs  8) )

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »
Very nice game, but using elements from other like LoS did. Not a bad thing, as the game is very good.

I would totally see a CV game developed by the Darksiders team.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
Excellent game.
However I find quite hypocrital that the same people critizising LoS or its "lack of originality" are praising this one, LoS may have had strong influences, but this a complete rip off.

But it's the best rip off ever and second best game of the year (after sleeping dogs  8) )

The first one definitely had a lot of ripped off stuff, and especially the portal gun, that huge pile of crap made it horrid.

But it played very well. The 2nd game though, I havne't played much of it, so I can't tell if it's ripped off anything yet. Haven't seen anything yet, but I've only played a little bit.

Tags:

anything