Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?  (Read 23999 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
What blimp? I downloaded it in Rom-World I think, it have been easy to found, if you want I can PM it to you.

I have also downloaded that version and it's not the beta. The owner of the prototype has stated that he will never make a rip/rom of the game. i have searched high and low if there was a rom, but nope, there isn't any.........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
You know that before you reach the definitive version all other versions that came first are alphas and betas right? I didnt know if you checked all the game in this "beta ROM" that we downloaded and didnt encountered nothing different (if so, disregard with Im saying) but this guy could have and older version, more older than this one that we downloaded. I never said that this version that is in Rom-World is the same one that this guy have, I even said that this guy could have an Alpha, because this one that I DLed doesnt seems much different than the normal ones, atleast not until the mermans rooms in stage 1, that I stopped playing in this part.

TL;DR: I never said that this ROM is the one that this guy have, I said that this ROM is almost (or even completely) identical to the final game. This guy can even have a Alpha instead of a Beta.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 05:22:14 AM »
You know that before you reach the definitive version all other versions that came first are alphas and betas right? I didnt know if you checked all the game in this "beta ROM" that we downloaded and didnt encountered nothing different (if so, disregard with Im saying) but this guy could have and older version, more older than this one that we downloaded. I never said that this version that is in Rom-World is the same one that this guy have, I even said that this guy could have an Alpha, because this one that I DLed doesnt seems much different than the normal ones, atleast not until the mermans rooms in stage 1, that I stopped playing in this part.

TL;DR: I never said that this ROM is the one that this guy have, I said that this ROM is almost (or even completely) identical to the final game. This guy can even have a Alpha instead of a Beta.

Are mermans like the ones from the screens from the beta? Also i checked the site and i didn't see at all any rom.....
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 07:07:53 AM »
Sorry, its my fault, its "rom nation" not "rom world", since I visit more Rom World I confused the 2 sites xD
The roms are named "Castlevania - The New Generation (Beta) [h1]" and "Castlevania - The New Generation (Beta) [h2]", they have 626 kb each.

Mermans are the same from the "official" one, but someone that know this game better than me could search for some minor details and discover if it really have something different or not.

edit: I noticed that when you use a continue you can choose again which character you want, I didnt know if all (E) versions can do that, but at least the (U) ones dont let you switch character until you start a new game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:25:58 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
Sorry, its my fault, its "rom nation" not "rom world", since I visit more Rom World I confused the 2 sites xD
The roms are named "Castlevania - The New Generation (Beta) [h1]" and "Castlevania - The New Generation (Beta) [h2]", they have 626 kb each.

Mermans are the same from the "official" one, but someone that know this game better than me could search for some minor details and discover if it really have something different or not.

edit: I noticed that when you use a continue you can choose again which character you want, I didnt know if all (E) versions can do that, but at least the (U) ones dont let you switch character until you start a new game.

I knew it, i have played and finished both beta versions and i can tell you that there is no difference.......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »
I knew it, i have played and finished both beta versions and i can tell you that there is no difference.......
I noticed that sometimes the continue screen have some bugged numbers and letters, like "A2F0A, etc", in stage 5 the man-eater plant doesnt expels venom polem and the lake doesnt turn bloody red and so the red skeletons didnt appears too, in the room with various bone pillars one above the others changes the music to boss theme, while in (U) it didnt happens. Also in stage 4-2 the secret candles with a 1up and crystals doesnt appear. I didnt know if all that things is because its the (E) version tough.

edit: Noticed that when I use a continue I didnt need to start from the beggining of the stage, I start in the checkpoint. Also I can ignore mid-bosses like The Creature and Blue Giant Armor that punches. Some sounds effects sounds strange too, Eric up and diagonal attacks inst the same too, normally you only need to tap the button, but here you need to hold it or otherwise he will return instantly to his stopped animation. Some things that I mentioned could be because that is the European version and because it starts in Easy Mode. I didnt changed to Normal (forgot lol)

edit 2: Changed to normal mode  when I started a new game with Eric (Im playing with John before). The choose your character doesnt appears more after a continue. But the intriguing part is that some enemies still dont appear, like the crows after Stage 2 Water Wizard mini-boss. Also, look at my lifebar, wtf?! I died when I received another attack tough.

Also I noticed playing with John that at least the 1st magic book in stage 1 doesnt make your weapon better,  its useless.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:41:01 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
I noticed that sometimes the continue screen have some bugged numbers and letters, like "A2F0A, etc", in stage 5 the man-eater plant doesnt expels venom polem and the lake doesnt turn bloody red and so the red skeletons didnt appears too, in the room with various bone pillars one above the others changes the music to boss theme, while in (U) it didnt happens. Also in stage 4-2 the secret candles with a 1up and crystals doesnt appear. I didnt know if all that things is because its the (E) version tough.

edit: Noticed that when I use a continue I didnt need to start from the beggining of the stage, I start in the checkpoint. Also I can ignore mid-bosses like The Creature and Blue Giant Armor that punches. Some sounds effects sounds strange too, Eric up and diagonal attacks inst the same too, normally you only need to tap the button, but here you need to hold it or otherwise he will return instantly to his stopped animation. Some things that I mentioned could be because that is the European version and because it starts in Easy Mode. I didnt changed to Normal (forgot lol)

edit 2: Changed to normal mode  when I started a new game with Eric (Im playing with John before). The choose your character doesnt appears more after a continue. But the intriguing part is that some enemies still dont appear, like the crows after Stage 2 Water Wizard mini-boss. Also, look at my lifebar, wtf?! I died when I received another attack tough.

Also I noticed playing with John that at least the 1st magic book in stage 1 doesnt make your weapon better,  its useless.

The blood animations are cut off from the european versions, the book works only if you have not been hit once and have power up 3 times your weapon, as for the rest, they are minor bugs, since they are beta versions.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »
The blood animations are cut off from the european versions, the book works only if you have not been hit once and have power up 3 times your weapon, as for the rest, they are minor bugs, since they are beta versions.

I know about the censorship in the european version, but I never imagined that they would prefer remove a enemy instead of recoloring the water like they did with some monsters. About the book I know too, I tried it in the japanese version and the same thing happens at least with it specific 1st book, I cannot afirm that about the other tough, it seems that John only gain points with it while Eric gain the upgrade (with makes sense since it appears to be a black magic book). Another thing that I noticed is that the hitboxes are all wrong if you compare it with the final versions, even if John crouch down he still receives the damn fireballs and axes in the face, while whipping upward makes your hitbox increase in size, so you can touch items in a way that you cant in the final version  :P

When I returned to the NTSC 60hz version I found it much easier and faster to play, so training in this beta inst a waste of time after all, also the japanese version is much easier than the USA, the medusa heads not even appeared in the clock tower part lol
 Im almost finishing this version with John, I reached Dracula without using a continue, with is a new record to me. It seems too that the password didnt appear befoe each stage, I think it appears only when you quit.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything